General Dynamics Information Technology Information Security Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a current manager, appox 10-12 technical questions. pretty straight forward, 30-45 min. They were looking for individuals that wanted to learn and would be interested in certification and training.

Interview Questions

• Light technical question, basic port knowledge, projects worked on, network device questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Columbia, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted to set up a phone screen time that fit into my schedule. Phone conversation was among several members of their IT leaders and hiring managers. They began with personal questions before moving into technical questions about skills I possessed. They were interested in the type of skills I had learned outside the classroom as these would differentiate me from other students at my university.

Interview Questions

• What are some computer science projects you have worked on in your free time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Towson, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted directly by GDIT HR and was asked if I'd be interested in the position. I then went through an online application process that was a bit tedious. Once that had been completed I was able to meet with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I hit it off right away. It was clear that the team had similar professional views and ethics. I appreciated the chance to explain why I was passionate about what i do and what my hopes for my career were. I knew within the first 10 minutes that I would take the job if it was offered. I was called back after my initial one-on-one interview and asked if I'd meet with the whole team. I think this approach is a great idea. It gives the potential employee a chance to see if they will fit in with the personalities of the existing team. We met in a large conference room which was well equipped and the team interview took a little over an hour, which is usually a good sign. I was offered the job officially 2 days later, with a contingent on funding. It took another 3 months for funding to come through for the position and I was actually able to come onboard with the company. That waiting can be frustrating but it was nice to know that the company valued my career and reputation enough to wait until they were sure the position would be a permanent one instead of bringing me on right away and possibly losing my job a month later when funding fell through.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job? did my current manager know that I was looking to leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I gave them a salary and they agreed. perhaps I should have asked for more but I've never negotiated a salary before.