General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in due to no online response. There was no urgency and there has been no communication back to me. I was told the hiring manager was "out of town", so I left my resume for review by his assistant. Next thing I know, "could you wait a few minutes, the hiring manager would like to visit with you." :-)

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by an online conversation with an HR person to determine if you are a fit for the company and position as well as setting up and interview date and time. An in person interview with the Logistics Lead and his deputy was then conducted. They were looking for someone more hands on experience and less management or supervision experience. They were also looking for someone they could train and mold. After the interview all future communications were through HR. (HR sent me to the wrong building and told me to link up with eh wrong person... once it was sorted out, the rest went smoothly)

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked questions about items on my resume. Asked about Skills and what they meant to me and an example of them, then they moved onto asking for examples and more detail about bullets under each job and about courses/classes I have taken. Then they asked other questions relating to the job and typical questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and then they finished with asking me if I had any questions   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, didn't get a call at the scheduled time, so I reached out to them. Turns out he forgot about it. He said, "Oh sh!t, I forgot". Had the phone interview, then an in person interview with several of the employees. Interview seemed to go well and lasted for about 2 hours since I got a tour of the entire building. I sent a follow up email thanking them and got a response that it was great meeting me as well, then never heard back again. No follow up or anything. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on company's website for the position of entry level developer. First I got the confirmation email back that I will be contacted by recruiters if my background meet their need. In about two weeks I got a call from a recruiter who is located in different state and follows the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Who is General Dynamics Mission Systems and explain what does the company do?   1 Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Took a measurement test to qualify for an interview. It then took them 3 weeks to get back with the results and continue the hiring process. When they did I was then given information about how long the contract may be and some papers to sign. On the first day I was given a badge and allowed to scan in the building.

Interview Questions

• You will have to complete a multiple choice exam on reading and math and write a short essay within one hour time. They do not tell you your pay till after this, it is most likely because it is so low.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met briefly in person with Manager of Department. We talked in his office, rather informally, then moved on to other departments. He was rather kind but went on extensively about the company rather than having intent to learn about me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you "special" for this role, why do you stand out?   Answer Question

Test Scorer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Lawrence, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, I applied online, then did a group interview with about 7 other candidates. Afterward I was asked to send a copy of my bachelor's degree, take an English, Reading, and Math assessment. We were expected to draw on our previous knowledge of the subjects; the content was unknown until test time. I have not heard back from the results of this interview.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opening and the following week I was there for an interview. The recruiter said I was only meeting with 1 person when I was actually meeting with three who all came into the room at different times. We sat in the conference room while they drilled me with questions on SQL, GREP commands, and very vaguely based OOP questions. It was like walking into a lion's den. It was the worst interview experience of my life 60% because I sucked 40% because they sucked. I felt extremely uncomfortable as soon as I stepped into the room.

Interview Questions

• What objects would you create if you were writing a code about a deck of cards?   1 Answer
    • What is an abstract class?   1 Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

met person to person where we talked about what the position entails, what Ive done at school to help me prepare for the position. What i wanted to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• have you ever done risk analysis, requirement gathering   Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Was first contacted by a recruiter with general job description and information about the company. Recruiter was one of the nicest I have ever spoken with and was very helpful and interested in doing what he could to help get the job. Company is smaller, intimate setting. Set up a time to meet with interviewer on campus. He was kind and genuinely cared and had a passion for his job and the company. The interview process was 2 parts - personality, then a group interview with a team of people you would be working with for a technical interview. Personality interview is general questions to see if you and your drive fit their goal. Technical interview tests your knowledge to see if you have the skills for the high caliber of work done. Must have security clearance, bonus if one is already gotten due to the extended application time.