General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.5

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Interview

On campus internship interview, int interviewer ask me question about the project I have done before, and then describe what the employer should do in the daily work. Then ask the question like what the most challenge this you have experienced

Interview Questions

• Please talk about projects you have done.   1 Answer

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Sandy, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Carol and Grant at the Sandy location. It was a pretty typical interview experience for a CSR position of this caliber; the recruiter couldn't even spell my name right. They bring you in and have you do a typing test. It's nothing serious - they just have you Google "typing test" and click one of the links. After that, I spoke w/the contact center supervisor about the job. After he told me he recommended that they hire me, we both spoke with the recruiter for a few minutes. They told me to apply for the job online and proceeded to do the thing where they look you in the eye and tell you they'll "for sure" contact you about it this week. If you aren't desperate for a job, don't bother wasting your time with them, and if you are desperate, well, don't apply because they won't respond to follow-up inquiries.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter stating that they had a perfect position for my experience level and that they would like to set up a phone interview. The interview went well and the job sounded very interesting. After the interview the recruiter stated he would be in contact within 2 weeks. 3 weeks later I reached out to him to check in. All he said was that they were behind and he hadn't gotten an answer yet. Fast forward 2 weeks: After emailing him again to check in I was informed that their experience requirements had changed. 2 weeks later he asks if he can submit my resume for other jobs. 3 weeks after that I receive an email that I am now part of their "talent network".

Interview Questions

• What SIEM experience do you have?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in due to no online response. There was no urgency and there has been no communication back to me. I was told the hiring manager was "out of town", so I left my resume for review by his assistant. Next thing I know, "could you wait a few minutes, the hiring manager would like to visit with you." :-)

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by an online conversation with an HR person to determine if you are a fit for the company and position as well as setting up and interview date and time. An in person interview with the Logistics Lead and his deputy was then conducted. They were looking for someone more hands on experience and less management or supervision experience. They were also looking for someone they could train and mold. After the interview all future communications were through HR. (HR sent me to the wrong building and told me to link up with eh wrong person... once it was sorted out, the rest went smoothly)

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked questions about items on my resume. Asked about Skills and what they meant to me and an example of them, then they moved onto asking for examples and more detail about bullets under each job and about courses/classes I have taken. Then they asked other questions relating to the job and typical questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and then they finished with asking me if I had any questions   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, didn't get a call at the scheduled time, so I reached out to them. Turns out he forgot about it. He said, "Oh sh!t, I forgot". Had the phone interview, then an in person interview with several of the employees. Interview seemed to go well and lasted for about 2 hours since I got a tour of the entire building. I sent a follow up email thanking them and got a response that it was great meeting me as well, then never heard back again. No follow up or anything. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on company's website for the position of entry level developer. First I got the confirmation email back that I will be contacted by recruiters if my background meet their need. In about two weeks I got a call from a recruiter who is located in different state and follows the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Who is General Dynamics Mission Systems and explain what does the company do?   1 Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Took a measurement test to qualify for an interview. It then took them 3 weeks to get back with the results and continue the hiring process. When they did I was then given information about how long the contract may be and some papers to sign. On the first day I was given a badge and allowed to scan in the building.

Interview Questions

• You will have to complete a multiple choice exam on reading and math and write a short essay within one hour time. They do not tell you your pay till after this, it is most likely because it is so low.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met briefly in person with Manager of Department. We talked in his office, rather informally, then moved on to other departments. He was rather kind but went on extensively about the company rather than having intent to learn about me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you "special" for this role, why do you stand out?   Answer Question

Test Scorer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Lawrence, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, I applied online, then did a group interview with about 7 other candidates. Afterward I was asked to send a copy of my bachelor's degree, take an English, Reading, and Math assessment. We were expected to draw on our previous knowledge of the subjects; the content was unknown until test time. I have not heard back from the results of this interview.