General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

293 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fort Belvoir, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in early January asking if I was still interested in the research assistant position, and that the recruiter was pushing my resume forward to the hiring manager. I didn't hear back from GDIT until late February. They were surprised that I was still available and interested, and invited me for an interview the next day. I came in and met with multiple staff members - managers, doctors, HR, and research assistants and went over my research one step at a time, followed by questions about the position and my interest and abilities. It was very relaxed and everyone was extremely friendly! Afterwards they showed me around the building and asked if I had anymore questions before leaving. I was contacted the day after and offered a position.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview onsite at the Towson branch. Upon arrival I was asked for wait at the front area by the receptionist. Not a big deal but they did not offer a drink and my wait was over 25 minutes. I was taken to a small room with 3 people. All of them were very unfriendly from the start. They began to ask me questions from a sheet of paper and argued against every answer I gave. Even ones that were clearly correct the interviewers kept pressuring me about my answer. I could not figure out why they were so rude and condescending or what their agenda was. They would not look at me, only look at each other as if they were all getting a laugh out of bullying me. It was by far the worst interview I have had. I still remained professional the entire time and even sent a thank you letter. However, it has been over a month and they never wrote back or informed me about the job. I am sure I did not get the job, but most certainly would have declined.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Walk-in process was as follows: filled out an electronic application on their intranet database. Took a brief type, and spelling/grammar test, chatted with someone about the job. Was walked into an office, where I spoke with a hiring executive, where a schedule was chosen, and agreed upon by myself, and the hiring executive. Start date was then confirmed, followed by a picture done by security, for the security clearance badge.

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from GDIT regarding an Information Assurance position. After a few email exchanges and one phone call I was setup for an interview with a hiring manager on a Wednesday at 10:30am. Wednesday comes and I received no phone call. I contacted the recruiter around 10:45 by email and phone and I received no reply to both my phone call and my email. This was by far the most unprofessional recruiting contact I've ever experienced. I don't know if there was some mix-up or they just decided that they no longer wanted to interview me. Likely the latter. However, a simple email to say they would no longer be interviewing me would have been nice. After all you spend time researching a company, gathering your questions, and preparing for an interview. They completely wasted my time and showed a lack of regard for it with zero response.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2017.

Interview

There wasn't any. But in previous interviews they just went straight to the point and said "Ok when can you start" without asking me an pre-screening questions or anything very formal.

Interview Questions

• I literally received a phone call asking me if I wanted to start working   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Waco, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. After taking a typing test, you speak with one of the supervisors, who has you read a script and answer a few standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty informal and very brief; 10 minutes max. No technical questions, pretty much matched my resume to the job description. Pretty much to sum it all up, it was a phone screening.

IT Interview

Interview

On campus internship interview, int interviewer ask me question about the project I have done before, and then describe what the employer should do in the daily work. Then ask the question like what the most challenge this you have experienced

Interview Questions

• Please talk about projects you have done.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for a background check, then set up a phone interview with the team I was applying for. The process took a few weeks. I was offered a position after the phone interview, not requiring an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard OOP and relational database questions (i.e. What is polymorphism, what's the difference between a foreign key and a primary key, etc)   Answer Question

Interview

Got an email to schedule interview. Scheduled it for the following week. They make you take a typing test and you pass with a score of 20 wpm or more. Got offer and signed employee paperwork in same sitting.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked at a call center before?   2 Answers

Military Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Found a potential opening through networking. My contact in the company, floated my name and resume to the department chief. Interview was scheduled about a week later with the chief and another employee with the same subject matter expertise.

Interview Questions

• After a description of the department's purpose, I was asked if it was something I could see myself doing.   1 Answer
    • The office is full of strong personalities, can I fit in and be a team player.   1 Answer