General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.2

Junior Accounting/Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about a month. Once started it moved very quickly. Had a very good conversation with the recruiter and continued with the manager's as well. Offer received very quiickly (next day)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the sdhort term and long term?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Weirdest interview I ever had and highly unprofessional (although they try real hard). I first filled out an app online and was emailed about an hour long "online interview" which was really just a description of what the company did and a typing test. Unfortunately, during this hour online they failed to mention that this particular location handles student loan debt (which I had). I was called about a face-to-face the following day and was told to dress in business attire. Upon entering the building it was safe to say that "business attire" was not what they aimed for on a day to day basis but that wasn't really an issue. Before starting the interview I was finally told about the student loans and asked if I had any in default (which I do) then I was asked to call FASFA in front of 3 different people to see how many loans and how much were in default at this moment. All in all a 30min interview turned into an hour and while I was initially disqualified from working there I did get a call from the upper manager about a position. Just from my initial impression it seems that if you can type fast, and have a pulse you can get hired. Just wish they would explain what it is they do at the call center (each one is different) before actually having you apply. It was about 2 days worth of back and forth for no reason.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling someone information they might not want to hear?   1 Answer

Subcontract Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Herndon, VA).

Interview

1.Submit resume through website.2.Receive call for onsite interview.3.Show up to Interview Invitational which consisted of over 10-15 interns being interviewed by offices who have chose them. The more interviews you have, the more your resume popped out to the office interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from GDIT as an employer, a career, and an internship.   1 Answer

Interview

computer based, simple, hires literally everyone, watch training video, fill out application and complete interview and hiring paper work in one sitting, complete typing test with at least 20 wpm

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fort Belvoir, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in early January asking if I was still interested in the research assistant position, and that the recruiter was pushing my resume forward to the hiring manager. I didn't hear back from GDIT until late February. They were surprised that I was still available and interested, and invited me for an interview the next day. I came in and met with multiple staff members - managers, doctors, HR, and research assistants and went over my research one step at a time, followed by questions about the position and my interest and abilities. It was very relaxed and everyone was extremely friendly! Afterwards they showed me around the building and asked if I had anymore questions before leaving. I was contacted the day after and offered a position.

CS Interview

Interview

It was 3 parts phone interview, group webinar then in the office which I thought was going to be a face to face but just turned out to be another indirect group setting to pick or accept the one shift that was left and sign paper work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in due to no online response. There was no urgency and there has been no communication back to me. I was told the hiring manager was "out of town", so I left my resume for review by his assistant. Next thing I know, "could you wait a few minutes, the hiring manager would like to visit with you." :-)

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Multiple phone screenings to include recruiter and technical eval. I spoke with the server admin and from there spoke with the project manager. Once hired the team was very helpful with getting me up to speed with the project and my duties.

Interview Questions

• What server operating systems have you installed?   1 Answer

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a personal interview. I went from meeting with the HR department to find out if I was qualified for the position. I had to take a typing test to pass 20wpm to move to the next step. The next step was to have a 1-1 and read scripts, English/Spanish, then take a Spanish test. get results and go to get results. Either you pass or not to get the offer.

Customer Service Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Coralville, IA).

Interview

Easy outgoing interview. Hiring manager made me feel confident to talk about my experience.
    Easy questions. They test you on a computer to see if you type in 20wpm per minute the session lasts 3 minutes if you pass you have the interview with the hiring manager. And process goes from there.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult time you had with a customer?   Answer Question