General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Wham... bam... thank you, Sir... welcome on board. After day after day… week after week of some times multiple calls per day, I finally agreed to interview. It was obvious they had the immediate need for someone to fill a vacated position.

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Sandy, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Carol and Grant at the Sandy location. It was a pretty typical interview experience for a CSR position of this caliber; the recruiter couldn't even spell my name right. They bring you in and have you do a typing test. It's nothing serious - they just have you Google "typing test" and click one of the links. After that, I spoke w/the contact center supervisor about the job. After he told me he recommended that they hire me, we both spoke with the recruiter for a few minutes. They told me to apply for the job online and proceeded to do the thing where they look you in the eye and tell you they'll "for sure" contact you about it this week. If you aren't desperate for a job, don't bother wasting your time with them, and if you are desperate, well, don't apply because they won't respond to follow-up inquiries.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter stating that they had a perfect position for my experience level and that they would like to set up a phone interview. The interview went well and the job sounded very interesting. After the interview the recruiter stated he would be in contact within 2 weeks. 3 weeks later I reached out to him to check in. All he said was that they were behind and he hadn't gotten an answer yet. Fast forward 2 weeks: After emailing him again to check in I was informed that their experience requirements had changed. 2 weeks later he asks if he can submit my resume for other jobs. 3 weeks after that I receive an email that I am now part of their "talent network".

Interview Questions

• What SIEM experience do you have?   1 Answer

Junior Accounting/Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about a month. Once started it moved very quickly. Had a very good conversation with the recruiter and continued with the manager's as well. Offer received very quiickly (next day)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the sdhort term and long term?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple, straight forward, and relatively easy. Actually, I was expecting a more rigorous process. The recruiter and hiring manager were great, and both offered me a lot of assistance during the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about prior work experience as well as specific "on the job" scenarios.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Weirdest interview I ever had and highly unprofessional (although they try real hard). I first filled out an app online and was emailed about an hour long "online interview" which was really just a description of what the company did and a typing test. Unfortunately, during this hour online they failed to mention that this particular location handles student loan debt (which I had). I was called about a face-to-face the following day and was told to dress in business attire. Upon entering the building it was safe to say that "business attire" was not what they aimed for on a day to day basis but that wasn't really an issue. Before starting the interview I was finally told about the student loans and asked if I had any in default (which I do) then I was asked to call FASFA in front of 3 different people to see how many loans and how much were in default at this moment. All in all a 30min interview turned into an hour and while I was initially disqualified from working there I did get a call from the upper manager about a position. Just from my initial impression it seems that if you can type fast, and have a pulse you can get hired. Just wish they would explain what it is they do at the call center (each one is different) before actually having you apply. It was about 2 days worth of back and forth for no reason.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling someone information they might not want to hear?   1 Answer

Princ Analyst, Info Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in person with the hiring manager and program manager. The next day I was offered the position. I believe they had already decided to hire me before the interview so it was mostly them providing me an overview of the position and the company. No questions regarding my skill set, zero technical questions.

Subcontract Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Herndon, VA).

Interview

1.Submit resume through website.2.Receive call for onsite interview.3.Show up to Interview Invitational which consisted of over 10-15 interns being interviewed by offices who have chose them. The more interviews you have, the more your resume popped out to the office interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from GDIT as an employer, a career, and an internship.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which resulted in scheduling a person-to-person interview. After that, a salary was discussed and determined between both parties. A start date was set for in-processing and initial training.

Interview Questions

• Discussed the job requirements   1 Answer

Interview

computer based, simple, hires literally everyone, watch training video, fill out application and complete interview and hiring paper work in one sitting, complete typing test with at least 20 wpm