General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Virtual interview for the first interview-pretty cool. You are interviewed with others online, but the interview question window is private. I liked the experience. I declined the second interview after i found out it is seasonal and the pay is $12.95/hr.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you resolved a problem in an unconventional way. Be specific.   Answer Question

Full time but seasonal. It ends in March and the pay is $12.95/hr. They desire to retain employees but it depends on their performance. I would hate to have that hanging over my head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogalusa, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Bogalusa, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and the interview is about 45 mins to an hour. It was a conference call along with other applicants.
    HR Representative, explained more about the company and the position. Had all the applicants answer 3 questions after. It went well, and within 24 hours, I got an email from HR saying that I passed the initial interview and from there, they need me to schedule a final interview in person. I did not pursued further with the final interview as they are only offering $11.45 per hour. I asked if they have any other (higher) positions available where they require a bachelor's degree which I have. Interviewer said they don't. I think they would just hire anybody even individuals with zero experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one experience you had that made an impact with a customer / client?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Lynn Haven, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Online interview at Lynn Haven, FL; audio only that was not explained well. Started late due to HR not knowing they had about 10 people online waiting to start an interview.

Interview Questions

• Only about 4 people were asked questions; the rest of us just listened and typed answers. Craziest interview ever...   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called back a month later asking for a face-to-face interview on their site but I was unable to come due to school. They instead interviewed me via phone.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

Spoke with the onsite lead and meet for a brief interview. Lead was late and already knew he intended on hiring me. I was asked a few questions that he didn't seem to know if my answer was right or wrong. Already had a salary number down he was authorized to offer me.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a connection to a server being down?   Answer Question

Test Score Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in April 2016.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. They are looking for people for a temporary contract. You get a presentation with a bunch of people and fill out an assessment for placement. I was contacted by a recruiter, then I applied for the job, went through numerous forms and then scheduled an interview. Very easy process but you go through a lot for a $10/hr job.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Took a measurement test to qualify for an interview. It then took them 3 weeks to get back with the results and continue the hiring process. When they did I was then given information about how long the contract may be and some papers to sign. On the first day I was given a badge and allowed to scan in the building.

Interview Questions

• You will have to complete a multiple choice exam on reading and math and write a short essay within one hour time. They do not tell you your pay till after this, it is most likely because it is so low.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met briefly in person with Manager of Department. We talked in his office, rather informally, then moved on to other departments. He was rather kind but went on extensively about the company rather than having intent to learn about me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you "special" for this role, why do you stand out?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a current manager, appox 10-12 technical questions. pretty straight forward, 30-45 min. They were looking for individuals that wanted to learn and would be interested in certification and training.

Interview Questions

• Light technical question, basic port knowledge, projects worked on, network device questions.   Answer Question

Test Score Analyst/Quality Assurance/Entry Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corbin, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Corbin, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

Online interview was presentation for job in another part of the State rather than for the one applied for. The job was no longer available for the area of interest or temporarily unavailable for training. Yet the job was posted again on indeed.com. for that area. The pay was only $10.52 an hour.

Interview Questions

• I'm suspicious of the hiring practices with this company. Was told the Assessments we had taken would be mentioned in the interview but that did not happen. Then told the assessment results would not be known for 3-5 days. Very strange they change their position on the assessment results. STill have not received results after 10 days. Are they just trying to obtain information on people? and no hiring actually occuring?   1 Answer