General Dynamics Information Technology Senior Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview

The process involves a standard, knowledge based approach to hiring.

1. Talk to a hiring manager about what my background is and what position I might fit best in.
2. Talk to a member of the team that questions you on intermediate knowledge based questions.
3. Get the yes or no from recruiter/manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Not very technical, the interviewer was a System Engineer. He mainly asked if I had knowledge in VoIP, OSPF, EIGRP. Asked me what certifications I had and how many years experience in each.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I knew certain Layer 2 and 3 technologies but, required nothing in detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Went over a quick history of where I worked and what I worked on. Didn't have to answer many tech questions. More just a history of what kind of equipment I have worked on. Once you get to a certain level interviews start to go by much quicker

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Suffolk, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

They were already aware of my work in another division

Interview Questions

• Questions about a previous project   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me their top was $80k. I said I was happy with that.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by phone initially. I submitted my resume online and received a phone call back on the position I applied for. The interview was done by a manager (business type) instead of a technical person. They asked me questions more about my familiarity with the customer I would be supporting and the types of equipment I would work on than technical questions. Later on they had me speak in person with a manager that lived close to me with again the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you start right now. I was not able to, since the job was in another state. I was some what rushed to take the job.   Answer Question