General Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Security Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Richmond, VA).

Interview

it was short and straight to the point easy and fun and exciting. it helped me prepare for any future interviews. aswell sharpened my interviewing skills helped me recognize my stengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• he basically went off of my resume as to the questions he asked.   1 Answer

Test Score Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Chester, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was no formal interview for this position. I sat through an online seminar/presentation where I could ask questions. The company sent out a separate english and math assessment that applicants had to pass in order to get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work full time or part time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

They do most of their hiring during their job fairs but, I applied online at their website through the recommendation of a recruiter at another job fair. Few weeks later, I was told to come back to do a typing test [as long as you can type 20wpm your fine] and one on one interview. It was very laid back, the person interviewing me would ask me a question and then as I was answering, preceded to talk to the person next to her...Few days later I came back to choose a schedule, take my pictures, and get my badge. Fairly easy, just not the most professional...

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 individuals in one room. Lasted about 45 minutes. A little bit intimidating having to answer questions from 5 individuals, but I was honest and answered all of the questions to the best of my ability. Didn't oversell myself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics in December 2015.

Interview

After a short phone interview that did not explain much about the company, an in-person interview was scheduled. Upon arriving to the facility, I was prompted to take a typing test (their minimum is 20 wpm) and watch a video about the position. The video kept on stressing how important showing up and being on time was which led to me believe they struggled retaining CSR who are responsible. After that I met with the CSR supervisor who asked pretty generic interview type questions. Then I met with the HR manager, who basically was hiring people on the spot. They seemed pretty desperate and seemed they would hire anyone who would walk in from the street.

Interview Questions

The pay was no more that what I could make at the local grocery and the company culture seemed dismal. It's sad because if they paid more they may attract employees that are more responsible and bring more to the table.

Principal Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Hartford, CT).

Interview

See job posting and apply. Wait to get emailed for interview. Schedule interview. Attend interview which lasts 1-3 hours. WAIT to find out if you get an offer. Fingerprints, background check... Schedule starting date. Start.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest task you were faced with last year and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Interview

They are always hiring. My school had an job fair. If you went to their booth, they would write you down for an interview for the next week. You can just go to Winn Job Center and ask for an application. If you do go, you will need your license and social security card.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience and I was very much at ease with the interviewer. It was truly a two way communication on the duties of the position, ongoing challenges, goals, opportunities for advancement or promotion and the key strengths desired in the successful candidate. I had a great time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Needham, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Over the phone Interview
    - In Person Interview with 3 different interviewers one after another, each for 1hr.
    - Over the phone 5 Question pop quiz, about C++ Classes:
      1- Why does C++ use Name mangling?
      2- What is a Pure Virtual Function?
      3- What is a pure Virtual Function used for?
      4- (Don't remember)
      5- (Don't remember)

Interview Questions

• What projects Have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you did when you ran into a problem along a project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you lead a team.   Answer Question
    • Have you been crunched to finish something in a short time frame, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with Linux, and what have you used Linux for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Waco, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It's was all through the Workforce Job fair which is a lot easier to handle. They ask you a few questions pertaining to yourself and the job that you are applying for. You also have to read this paper about Medicaid they ask you questions about that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GDIT?   1 Answer