General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Lima, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Initially it was with Human Resources and (2) members of the selection team. I was called back two weeks later and interviewed by HR and (2) other members of the team. After the interview, I was provided a tour of the facility and introduced to a variety of employees and management .

I was offered a job before leaving.

Interview Questions

• They asked a specific question from a bullet on my resume   Answer Question
    • They asked if i knew how to do a software program; Oracle   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (London, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process handled by a placement agency. Initial basic interview is with the recruiter. Standard, very basic meet and greet interview.

If you are presented to the client there are two skills-based exams. One is a series of multiple choice questions and the other is a technical writing task.

Provided your test scores are sufficient you will be granted a sit-down interview.

Panel of 3 interviewers. Each asked a situational question. "Tell me a time when..."
    Your answers MUST be specific. If they are not they will ask you to give a specific time that relates to the question. Follows the S.T.A.R. format. Easy to get a good score so long as you practice ahead of time and check all the boxes with your answers.

For this reason it seems a very fair process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task to do, but given very little direction/instruction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer presented was basically a take-it or leave-it scenario. You could argue for a higher wage but was told they generally do not do so. Despite experience and education above the minimum listed in the posting, the salary offered was at the bottom of the scale. Likely a tactic put forth by the agency to entice applicants.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in October 2009.

Interview

Very informal with direct supervisor, and department head.
    Process was very slow,and communication with HR was not good.
    I specifically indicated to HR that they were not to contact my current employer so as not to strain my relationship with them. GDLS HR did not honor that request and let the cat out of the bag before I was ready to inform my current employer or decide it I was going to accept the position or not. Tense and uncomfortable meetings followed, but thankfully I was able to work it out, and accepted the GDLS position.
    Generally, the HR department at GDLS is useless, and farms out all of their responsibilities to outside companies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The exact pay that I was receiving at my former empoyer was offered to me (contracted to GDLS).
    Vacation was non negotiable, and sucks at 80 hours.