General Dynamics Land Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Land Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

It went very smooth. I already had all the skills necessary to perform the job. Contacted by the hiring manager and he set up the interview with HR. If I had not had the inside knowledge to get this job, I probably would have had to compete with 100s of people who may have had some of the experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs. I always think that is such a loaded question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was positive and we came to an agreement quickly.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

Phone interview for Contract to perm position.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking for a field guy, is this you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their initial offer was good enough to return to the states ..

Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

the process of being hired went well and the people was kind and loving. Tallahassee is always been a wonderful city to work in as for a work. I like working at general dynamics and i like the people and staff.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview encompassed multiple discussions with various Vice Presidents focused on prior experience in relevant positions. Included office discussions, lunch meetings, opportunity to interact at discussion and information meetings to address current issues and future planning. Also toured facility from Executive suite thru prototype shop areas.

Interview Questions

• What brought you here today? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Simple. Learn about the organization and how you may add value. Review the mission and vision statement. Know about FARs. Find something in common with you and hiring manager. All cool except one, Craig.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about GD?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate it all about procurement. You don't get what you don't ask for.

NET Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lewis, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Fort Lewis, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

One interview followed my 3 separate online applications and then didn't get even a peep for over 4 months when I got the offer. If this is what you're after I hope you're patient...very patient.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with diversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Those hired after me were hired at lower salaries.

Maintenance Mechanic I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lewis, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Fort Lewis, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel of 2 people and 1 person on phone. I was asked 15 questions, five about personal situations with other employees. Ten basic mechanic questions.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Killeen, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

They use your Military experience as a base line, for this position you have an exam, where you are asked over 100 questions to determine your ability to diagnose the Abrams Tank platform it is very intense. Now days you have to undergo an Field Service Representative academy that last about 4 or 6 weeks. The class is very intense and knowledgeable you will learn basic electronics, safety, electrical diagrams, hydraulics, Abrams turret, Abrams hull systems, Fire Control and track maintance.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked on military equipment   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelby, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Shelby, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Tough

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • How long have you worked here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough

Project Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Was an internal posting for a job. Moving from hardware and software integration and development to my current postion. Job was sold on previous expirience (not just with-in the company), being able to formulate expiriences with how it will apply for the job you're looking for is invaluable. The management was interesting in bringing in high level talent, and improving internal product knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future if you get this job.   1 Answer