General Dynamics Mission Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Mission Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I met them at a job fair at my college campus. After talking to a representative, I was given a time to interview the following day (reserved room on campus). Panel included two managers, with a new manager-converted engineer.

College interview, so they requested a transcript of my coursework. They had one copy of my resume, but I was able to give additional copies the day of, so each panel member could have a copy.

Only one interview, no phone screening. Offer was extended a few weeks later. I found myself asking more questions after the offer was extended, as it seemed to happen faster than I anticipated.

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to a phone screen in December 2016, then was asked to a skype interview in January 2017. Very accommodating in terms of scheduling. The interviews were laid back and the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me and my qualifications/experience.

Interview Questions

• Similar to STAR method. Go over resume and more in depth on team projects/leadership in student projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process, applied online and called in for an interview relatively quickly. Two people interviewed, very easy to talk to people. Standard questions, make sure you know about the company prior to interviewing.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the talent manager. He set up an interview with rpospective boss latter in the week. Interview was short 45 minutes and went well. Talked about projects and relevant experience and accepted an offer within a week.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Basic technical questions, 2 very professional staff members interviewed me, it went very well. Comfortable setting, relaxed while being professional. Not sure what else to say, the interview was easy for me and I have only had 2 interviews in my life! Most of the technical questions were high level, no writing code.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect variables from accidental assignment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a real interview. 3 parts to the interview. Describe a recent project, answer some questions(little hard), and demo of their main software.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project I worked on whether it be from school or otherwise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

2 interviews, one with the hiring manager and a panel interview. I was asked about my experience and things on my resume. There was no coding question on either interview, but I was asked about specific elements of the c++ language.

Interview Questions

• Mostly syntax C++ questions and questions about my projects.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsfield, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

***I am reviewing the on-site interview process.

All in all, it was a pleasant interview. I sat down with three FTE's; two managers and one engineer. They were very kind to me and very personal. They asked me a bunch of questions about my resume, which they had and picked apart each line basically. They also asked me a few technical questions that were fairly easy. While my interview, the other candidates had the ability to talk to FTE's about their job and living conditions (they split us up into two groups). After the two interview sessions for both groups were completed, we joined together and went on a tour of the building which was fantastic.

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLeansville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (McLeansville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview 2 weeks later followed by an in person interview the next week. The in person interview was a day long process where we toured the building and received info sessions about the company and position. The interview portion was intentionally very relaxed and consisted on 3 1-on-1 interviews. The questions asked were mostly about my resume and plans for my future. Only one of the three interviewers asked me any technical questions and they were basic concepts for my background.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted not long after to setup a preliminary interview - I was told there would be no technical questions yet.

The preliminary went well, typical questions but the proof of US citizenship with a clean record was clearly of importance, from the questions asked about it. The interview went quickly and so I was asked a couple technical questions that I stumbled through out of surprise.

I wasn't close enough to drive for an in-person interview so my next (and last) interview was a Skype video call with 3 other people working there. They asked lots of technical questions (almost nothing but) for maybe an hour or so. Nearly all questions they asked were listed in other reviews, but a couple were about self-reflection ("Rate your skill level in Java from 1-10. [example: 7] Why 7? What makes you better than a 6? What does it take to become an 8? Why aren't you an 8?"). About a week later I got an offer.