General Dynamics Mission Systems Interview Questions in Needham, MA | Glassdoor

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through employer website. Was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer asked questions about projects and basic Java/OOP questions. Was called 2 weeks later for onsite. Had 3 rounds onsite with Software Engineers and web developers, most of the questions asked were from my resume and past experiences, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the amount of rope needed to build a hammock?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward interview. No technical questions to speak of, just asking me about my experiences, lines on my resume, and the normal questions. Everyone was unbelievably nice and friendly making it a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied on the company website, and got a call a few weeks later. No phone screen was given, which I found a bit odd. I went on-site and interviewed for around 5 hours, with 4 different technical managers. They asked me about my experience and projects, and asked me technical questions about OOP, TCP/IP, UML, Cryptography, and Embedded Development.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview day lasted about 6 hours, followed by a 2 hour reception with food and drink. There were 3 1:1 interviews overall. The first interview was a little more technical than the others, as I had to answer a few general software questions. The last 2 were much more informal, me and the interviewers talked about my past experiences and projects in school. Overall a very laid back interview with no technical questions out of the ordinary. Received a notification of an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between the heap and the stack?   Answer Question
    • What is an abstract class and why would you use it?   2 Answers

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Very laid back, only 2 interviewers and no pressure and no difficult questions. First interviewer asked a bit about resume, then threw a few softballs (What is Eclipse? What is a class?). Second interviewer talked for a bit about the position and then asked about interests, but no questions whatsoever regarding qualifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was a student internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

The company invited individuals for a career day to recruit new employees. They gave some general background information on the company, and some of the different solutions they provided to their customers. It was pretty interesting. Then the interviewees were broken off and each assigned an interviewer. 30 Minute 1 on 1technical interviews were held, and then interviewees rotated to a new interviewer to continue the process. All together three technical interviews were conducted. Lunch was provided which was decent. The people and work culture are generally less social and more work oriented. People at the company in general have mostly been at the company for a large number of years, and there seemed to be a large gap in age between new employees and all other employees. Everyone was very nice and very intelligent.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

4 People asked experience related questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stated my current rate, asked for their best rate.