General Dynamics Mission Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Mission Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 2 interviews: behavior interview and technical interview.

The behavior interview is basically the same as other interviews in other companies.

The technical interview asked what projects had you done, and what skills you used.
Do you familiar with X tech?
What operation system you use?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a nice moment of just talking through with the experience I've had in the past and what I know and what interests me. Each person asked what I knew about their field and how it interested me. e.g.. iOS app dev, Android app dev, Web dev, Linux,

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I met them at a job fair at my college campus. After talking to a representative, I was given a time to interview the following day (reserved room on campus). Panel included two managers, with a new manager-converted engineer.

College interview, so they requested a transcript of my coursework. They had one copy of my resume, but I was able to give additional copies the day of, so each panel member could have a copy.

Only one interview, no phone screening. Offer was extended a few weeks later. I found myself asking more questions after the offer was extended, as it seemed to happen faster than I anticipated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a real interview. 3 parts to the interview. Describe a recent project, answer some questions(little hard), and demo of their main software.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project I worked on whether it be from school or otherwise   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

2 interviews, one with the hiring manager and a panel interview. I was asked about my experience and things on my resume. There was no coding question on either interview, but I was asked about specific elements of the c++ language.

Interview Questions

• Mostly syntax C++ questions and questions about my projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Bloomington, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus during the campus job fair. They asked me a lot of behavioral questions and why I wanted to work in their industry as well as working in groups and what was the hardest thing you had to face while working in groups, etc.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

Interview

I interviewed on campus when they came to the career fair. Questions were behavioral questions, why I wanted to work in their industry, experience with group projects, difficulties when working in group projects, leadership experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Columbia, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Detailed phone interview with Hiring Technical Manager. Follow on in person interview with same technical manager and business manager. Basic java questions along with paper coding problems. Know your inheritance, polymorphism, overriding, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in January 2015.

Interview

not too technical. dont have to solve problems at a white board or anything. They just ask what technologies you've worked with and what types of projects you've worked on.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was set up through a contracting company. After submitting my resume, I received a phone screening which covered basic programming concepts, noting too in-depth. A few weeks later, I was invited to a half-day interview. While there, I met with probably 8 different people in 4 different meetings. The questions ranged from past work history to whiteboard programming. All interviewers were prepared for their task and I was seldom left waiting for long in between interviewers (some delay is almost inevitable due to variance of how long segments last and the necessity to do business when not interviewing). later that week, I received an offer.

It's a small thing, but I was frequently offered coffee or water and they validated my parking.

Interview Questions

• I received a fairly typical task of exporting a list of files and directories, moving down the directory structure. After I delivered the usual recursive solution, they asked me to continue refining the solution, each time asking me how it changed the complexity or resource usage. The final step was asking me how I would handle it in a multitasking environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a given salary as I entered in, based on what the contracting company had asked for. They warned me that GD Viz frequently dropped candidates who tried to negotiate for more at the interview.