General Dynamics Mission Systems Systems Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics Mission Systems Systems Engineer I Interview Questions

1.5

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

I had 3 interviews that were each about 45 minutes long. Each person I met with was incredibly nice and easy to get along with. They didn't ask much technically at all, but more described their respective projects and then asked if I were interested. Then they would ask some basic background/ability questions but nothing that was difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• None, they were all really background and experience questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Dynamics Mission Systems

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham Heights, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham Heights, MA).

Interview

Applied for the Taunton location, but got an email asking if I would like to work in Needham. Park in the street (I did) or in the lot, no one seems to care. The receptionist in the main building was lovely, and was great to talk to while I waited.

Interviews were 1-on-1, three in total. This office mostly deals with the software side of things, but likes to have non-software guys work the systems department from what I gathered. Previously I worked at Raytheon as a systems engineer intern, so most questions were aimed at that. All questions came directly from my resume, and basically was me talking about my resume for a total of 2.5 hours. Each interview was about 40 mins, and 30 of those minutes were because I had a lot of questions; without questions it would have been done by about 10 mins.

The interviews were super simple overall, and everyone was really great. No facility tour, you're only allowed to take about 3 steps in to the building in to a conference room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still considering the job, but the offer was presented and was very generous for an Engineer I position. The offer also included a sizable signing bonus. No negotiation was really needed since the offer exceeded the Engineer I salary bracket

Systems Engineer - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsfield, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

I gave them my resume at the job fair on my campus. Got called in for an interview at Pittsfield, MA. Was interviewed by 3 people, 1 MechE, 1 Systems engineer and the hiring manager for the Englineering leadership program on soft skills. All asked standard behavioral interview questions and

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you failed to meet your goal in a project and what did you take away from it?   Answer Question