General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at General Dynamics NASSCO

2.6

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Easy and fast, talked to two guys and instantly got the job. They were laid back and chill during the interview. Don’t be nervous , just go in there and be honest with them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completely unprofessional, I showed up and they didn't even now who I was (called me a different name). They main interviewer smelled like a pack of Marlboros and was asking me completely unrelated questions about sport teams and was literally basing my interview on that. They didn't come prepared, they didn't have my resume on hand or any job related questions ready for me. Hard to believe coming from a defense contractor who I thought held high standards, but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about San Diego teams   2 Answers

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Took about 30 mins all together and the interviewer was very open to experienced and non exp. After ward it took them about 2 weeks to set up a physical and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• So you have exp? And if not then we will train you   1 Answer

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed Q&A with a team member first, standard questions in a cut and dry "recorded" fashion. Very little interpersonal interaction, the person just read questions and typed out answers. Second, I met with department head for a more conversational interview.

Ship Fitter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied at a job fair when they were looking to fill 800 jobs. Over 8,000 people came to the event looking for a job. The first item they look for on your application is work history and how many jobs you've had and left within several years. If you had an unstable work history, you would not be sent to the next step. If you did advance, pending the outcome of 3 simple tests and passing the pre-employment drug screen, you were pretty much in. They were going to train everyone so experience wasn't as important as stability.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work any shift?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at school event, followed up a few weeks later with an application and then was scheduled for an online interview via skype. I had a skype interview with three people for about an hour. They were nice and the interview was not high stress.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced in a group setting.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After connecting with recruiter at event, I applied online a couple weeks later. A Skype interview was then set up with three different people. All behavioral and situational questions. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional and began on time. My Interviewer spoke a lot about the company and their values and expectations. The Interviewer also seemed very interested in my background and showed an interest in my abilities and how both the company and I could benefit well from employment.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations you found yourself in?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone and in person I talked with two managers and a supervisor I explained why I couldn't be a good fit to the maintenance program they in turn explained that I could be a good fit in their test and trials program which offered better pay and permanent status I agreed and started work a week later after an in depth physical exam then I had to go thru six months of employment to become permanent

Trainee Shipfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

-Phone call from recruiter sets up a date to take a few tests (math, English comprehension, and mechanical ability)

-After the tests are passed a short tour of the yard is given.

-An interview with the hiring manager.

-Shortly after there will be an offer of employment (or not).

-After that you might have to wait weeks or more for a start date.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you accomplished in a previous job and why you're proud of this accomplishment   Answer Question