Comcast Interview Question: General IT questions about ne... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Incident Manager - Xfinity Division of Comcast Interview Philadelphia, PA

General IT questions about network, troubleshooting

, resource management etc. More specific questions about steps followed to resolve D/R problems like system outages and network disruptions. One of the interviewers asked minimal questions and spent the least amount of time with me, but spent that time picking apart my resume trying to find issues with the info I provided. Of the four people I spoke to, he seemed the least comfortable and the most rushed (likely new to his position...just my opinion). My final interview was with the hiring manager and after answering his questions he provided a fairly in-depth description of the network architecture that was in place for delivering TV content to their subscribers, which I found quite interesting.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Provided as much detail as I could. Answers provided seemed to be sufficient. Did not receive any negative feed back. I did a good deal of preparation for both the phone and the live interviews. Checked current info on the company and the Xfinity product line, which was very helpful.

I did not get the job even though they told my recruiter that I was a "strong candidate". Several weeks later my recruiter contacted my and let me know that they still had not filled the position, which makes me think that the four people I met with were not all on the same page as to who they were looking for. So if that is the case, there may be other office politics going on (and I am not a big fan of office politics, which tends to have a negative impact on productivity), so I am kind of glad they passed on me.

Interview Candidate on Mar 11, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.