General Mills Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30minutes. I was told I would be contacted if the company wanted to do an in-person interview. I was contacted a couple of days after my phone interview. My in-person interview was 3 hours long. It was broken up into 3 parts.

Interview Questions

• A question that was new to me for my phone interview was, "walk me through your resume". Why do you want to work for General Mills? How do you manage working with different personalities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt welcome immediately by the lady at the guard desk. Everyone that I met was happy and it reflected in their body language as well as when they spoke. This was a very positive experience and I hope I get the opportunity to part of such a great team!

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills in December 2013.

Interview

Is there a math test for administrative positions, if so is it multiplication, division, additions, fractions or what? Also, do they do an educational background check? I did not graduate HS.

Interview Questions

• Did not have any difficult questions during the phone interview, but I was ready for it/   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It took about 3 months for the company to contact me. There are hurdles in order to stop anyone from actually contacting about an interview or really following up at all.
    It's fairly frustrating to have to wait for so long for such a near-entry level position.
    Mostly the entire contact was cold and mechanical, the woman who called didn't even say the right name at first.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected about what my ideal boss would be like. Also hinted at lowering my salary expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I was given a full day schedule to meet with all the managers the position would be working with. I spent about 1/2 hour with each person and had lunch with the senior administrative assistant who was currently there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   1 Answer