General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.1

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in February 2017.

Interview

I got in touch with a recruiter via campus recruiting. I had three phone interviews over the span of a week and a half. Behavioral based, extremely easy and I felt super comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to take the initiative as a leader?   Answer Question
  • What do you think would be the most dissatisfying part of this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and expressed interest in the position and an interview. They called me later that night to interview the next morning. The interview took place in the career center on campus and it ended up being about 30 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through business career services on campus, was informed I was selected for an on campus interview a few weeks later. Had my on campus interview then within the week found out I was flying to Minneapolis to interview at General Mills' headquarters. I did a few online assessments before flying out then once at corporate did a role play and three interviews. Have not heard back about whether or not I got an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 60 days of this job to be successful?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview and invited later that day by email for second interview. The first and second interview are both behavioral/situational questions. Third interview you are brought to one of their offices. Dinner, small tour of office, and three thirty minute interviews. Mostly situational and behavioral questions. Know about their portfolio.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through University recruiting. It started with an on campus interview lasting for about 45 minutes asking behavioral questions and STAR method questions. The next round was comprised of a role play interview and 3 back to back interviews with different members of HR. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had things not go according to plan and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Rogers, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended an information session on campus and was brought back for an interview the next day. I was notified via email that I was I invited back for a second round interview. Following that, I was invited to participate in their final round process which included a company dinner the night before. The final round day consisted of an open Q&A, tour, and 3 behavioral interviews. Although it's a selective process, it was very beneficial.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe would be the most valuable thing you can accomplish during your tenure as a BMA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great! I was nice to be able to sit down with other people who are in the position you are applying for. Everyone at General Mills was super friendly and their Headquarters is amazing. The interview process itself is a little long, but overall, very manageable. I had 3 different interviews and a case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a full day at the General Mills headquarters in Minnesota. I had a 45 minute sales role-play (very conversational), and three back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with lunch and a tour in betweem.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you met significant resistance from a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview in the beginning of October. Invited out to headquarters for 2nd round interview within a couple weeks. Pretty rushed to figure out travel arrangements, but that's on GM - they reimburse for everything. 2nd round interview was a full, tiring day of breakfast, role play prep, a 15-minute sales role play, a tour of the really awesome office space, a 3 back-to-back 30-minute 1:1 interviews...drink plenty of water and coffee. They provide you with a packet of info to prep for the role play and you are asked to sell the product using the given information. Don't rush, develop a good argument for your product, recommend a certain number to order, and close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you took someone under your wing and inspired them to do something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online via campus recruiting and weeks later was asked to attend an invitation-only information session. First round and second round interviews were held on campus and were 30 minutes each. I was also required to complete an online assessment. I received a phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What factor would make you choose to work at General Mills over another employer?   Answer Question