General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Jan 6, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through business career services on campus, was informed I was selected for an on campus interview a few weeks later. Had my on campus interview then within the week found out I was flying to Minneapolis to interview at General Mills' headquarters. I did a few online assessments before flying out then once at corporate did a role play and three interviews. Have not heard back about whether or not I got an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 60 days of this job to be successful?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through University recruiting. It started with an on campus interview lasting for about 45 minutes asking behavioral questions and STAR method questions. The next round was comprised of a role play interview and 3 back to back interviews with different members of HR. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had things not go according to plan and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great! I was nice to be able to sit down with other people who are in the position you are applying for. Everyone at General Mills was super friendly and their Headquarters is amazing. The interview process itself is a little long, but overall, very manageable. I had 3 different interviews and a case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a full day at the General Mills headquarters in Minnesota. I had a 45 minute sales role-play (very conversational), and three back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with lunch and a tour in betweem.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you met significant resistance from a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview in the beginning of October. Invited out to headquarters for 2nd round interview within a couple weeks. Pretty rushed to figure out travel arrangements, but that's on GM - they reimburse for everything. 2nd round interview was a full, tiring day of breakfast, role play prep, a 15-minute sales role play, a tour of the really awesome office space, a 3 back-to-back 30-minute 1:1 interviews...drink plenty of water and coffee. They provide you with a packet of info to prep for the role play and you are asked to sell the product using the given information. Don't rush, develop a good argument for your product, recommend a certain number to order, and close the deal.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you took someone under your wing and inspired them to do something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online via campus recruiting and weeks later was asked to attend an invitation-only information session. First round and second round interviews were held on campus and were 30 minutes each. I was also required to complete an online assessment. I received a phone call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What factor would make you choose to work at General Mills over another employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Was then invited to their HQ in Minneapolis for a superday. Had a total of 4 interviews. Three were behavioral and one was a role sales play. Behavioral were the basic questions of them trying to get to know you and your interests in the company. They role sales play is similar to a case where you are meant to close a sale. You have approximately 45 minutes to prepare. Throughtout the process, I got to meet current BMAs who provided a lot of insight.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

The General Mills recruiting team came to my college campus for our business career fair. I submitted an application and was invited to a first round interview on campus. This interview was a more of a 'let's get to know you' type. They asked questions like: Tell me a little about yourself, Why sales?, Why are you interested in General Mills?, and then a few situational questions. From there, I was invited to go up to Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN for an interview day. The interview day was packed with activity and about 4 interviews. One of the 4 interviews is a sales role play. The next 3 are all packed with behavioral and situational questions: Tell me about a time when......?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a set of data for a task and the challenges you faced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I completed the process through University recruiting. Everything was well-organized and there was good communication between applicants and the recruiter. They explained the process thoroughly so that we knew the next steps. The recruiter made sure that travelling to the location was as simple as possible. They were "round robin" interviews, so each interviewer had a different style and demeanor, but they all made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a process and it was successful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview was held on campus and comprised of your typical interview questions as well as behavioural questions. Many questions emphasized analytical skills, teamwork, working with challenges, relocation.

I received a call that afternoon for second rounds the next morning. Second rounds were taking the Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test (50 questions in 12 minutes) as well a second round roleplay interview. Roleplay interview was a great experience; was given a short case (customer/situation analysis) and then you and the GM recruiter pretended as if it was a sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to be analytical. What were you trying to solve and how did you go about solving it.   Answer Question