General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Got an employee referral. My first interview was over the phone. My final interview steps were on site interviews, there were 3 interviews and a sales role play. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Personality test and logic test
    2) phone screen
    I interviewed with a past BMA and she asked very typical behavioral questions
    3) on-site interview
    I had 3 behavioral interviews and 1 role play interview
    The behavioral interviews, again, had very typical behavioral interview questions.
    Before the role play, there was an hour of prep time (more than enough to me) for you to go through the information and gather what you will present. After that, you will talk to the interviewer as if you are talking to the customer (retailer) and present to them your argument.

Everyone I met were really friendly and genuinely tried to get to know me. If you make it to the on-site interview, an employee will take you out to dinner (1-on-1) the night before and you will eat breakfast with a current BMA and lunch with another current BMA. You get to ask a lot of questions and really get to know the company.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why the BMA role/program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

I had two on-campus interviews and was then flown into Minneapolis to interview for final rounds. The night before interviews, we had appetizers with current BMAs and the other candidates to learn more about the job and General Mills. The day of the interview, I interviewed with 3 people for 20-30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand? A brand that you would leave the store or not buy a different brand if it were unavailable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two Skype interviews and then I was flown to the world headquarters campus in Minneapolis for the final round interviews. There were three with various managers and VPs in the sales team. I also had to complete a few personality assessment and a logic assessment (similar to the LSAT).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time the expectations for a project or situation changed and you had to adapt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. There were 3 interviews total, and they were all behavioral based interviews. The first and second round interviews were Skype interviews. The final round interviews took place at the General Mills headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The final round interview trip included a small networking event the night before interviews and a tour of the General Mills campus. The next day there were 3 thirty minute interviews that concluded the interview process.

The overall experience was great! Everyone was very friendly and accommodating throughout the entire interview process. Many individuals were very supportive throughout the process as well. This is a great company to work for! The company culture is awesome, and this is a company I could work for in the future!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to meet a deadline, but missed it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through their referral. First interview was on campus with HR rep and asked mainly personal career questions about my future aspirations, ideal work scenarios, etc.. Did well, and got a second interview one week later that mainly consisted of typical behavioral questions you'd expect. Pretty straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Name three characteristics of your ideal work setting in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through business career services on campus, was informed I was selected for an on campus interview a few weeks later. Had my on campus interview then within the week found out I was flying to Minneapolis to interview at General Mills' headquarters. I did a few online assessments before flying out then once at corporate did a role play and three interviews. Have not heard back about whether or not I got an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 60 days of this job to be successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through University recruiting. It started with an on campus interview lasting for about 45 minutes asking behavioral questions and STAR method questions. The next round was comprised of a role play interview and 3 back to back interviews with different members of HR. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had things not go according to plan and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great! I was nice to be able to sit down with other people who are in the position you are applying for. Everyone at General Mills was super friendly and their Headquarters is amazing. The interview process itself is a little long, but overall, very manageable. I had 3 different interviews and a case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a full day at the General Mills headquarters in Minnesota. I had a 45 minute sales role-play (very conversational), and three back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with lunch and a tour in betweem.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you met significant resistance from a coworker and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question