General Mills Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Applied through campus career center, interview scheduled in the following days after an info session and networking events. Second round interview the next day. Mostly behavioral questions to see if you are a good fit for their company culture

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to conduct financial analysis using unknown inputs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met recruiters through an on-campus career fair. Was invited to an information session and had an interview about a week after. There was an initial interview and then an interview the day after. The interview was part behavioral and part technical. They asked questions about my resume & typical behavioral questions. Technical aspect was brainstorming problem solutions for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple recruiters in the first interview. Was able to talk to someone from a manufacturing facility as well as someone from HR. Really open dialogue and was very calm environment. Both individuals that were in the interview room were interested in previous experience as well as academic performance. After the first interview, there was an aptitude test that was taken at a separate time.

Interview Questions

• Asked behavioral questions to gauge how situations are handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one day and then the day after. Primarily behavioral based questions. There is also a few personality tests that you have to take and a deductive reasoning test. I did all of this and then got a call about an offer less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficulty conveying something to someone.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Met with recruiter at career fair, scheduled on campus interview. Behavior interview that encouraged the use of the STAR method. Fairly straightforward questions, a few about analytical skills. Gave notice of their decision within 3 days.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus career center for an interview. 5 Days after sending in application, I was invited for an on campus interview. They gave me a 30 minute time slot, with two interviewers, who took turn asking me technical and behavioral questions. Interviewers feverishly took notes, writing down almost everything I said.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of the biggest challenges facing a processed food company like General Mills?
      If the price of flour rises, how does this affect General Mills?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

2 on campus interviews. Fit, technical

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Interviewed for one of their internship positions (Business Management Associate Summer Interns F15 position). Their recruiting process ended in early October, and was extremely short. First round and second round interviews were 24 hours apart. Offers were given afterward. Keep this in mind and research their campus recruiting in advance if you really want to work for General Mills. Compared to most internships, this is pretty early.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals in the next five years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

General Mills focuses a lot of college career fairs. I talked to an engineer to referred me to the manager. He asked me a few questions about my resume and why General Mills. I was called the same day for on campus interviews the next day.
    First round was just behavioral with a two employees. Asked the general questions you can expect.
    Second round was a 12 minute quantitative exam (SAT style), a personality test online, and another behavioral interview lasting about 45 minutes.
    My friend got an offer the same day. I did not get an offer and was contacted a month later.

Interview Questions

• The written exam is 50 questions in 12 minutes at a very, very early time in the morning.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There was significant screening of applications prior to a small number of interviews being granted for the internship. The interview was conducted by a team of 2, including a dedicated corporate recruiter and one of the line managers. It started with a resume review and then included several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you use social media to market a new breakfast cereal?   Answer Question