General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Group I Automotive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

It was really weird interview process. They asked questions on chatting no phone interview or video interview, and gave so many questions including private questions. Just weird and I have no comments to write more........

Interview Questions

• They asked financial related and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I have been pleased with the process and the people thus far. My first interview was a phone interview with two managers. They were kind, informative and managed the time perfectly. I was contacted a few days later for in-person interviews on campus. I was sent an itinerary setting forth the times and the name and position of each interviewer. I was also sent a map of the campus and instructions for that morning which was helpful. I met with five people that morning which was a little intimidating; however, I felt it was an efficient and considerate approach to minimize additional visits during office hours. I felt at a bit of a disadvantage because I came down with a head cold the day before the interview. Considering I did have a cold, I still found the questions to be minimally stressful and actually, useful and appropriate. Overall the interview process must have been positive because I left wanting the position there even more than before any of the interviews and I was very interested from the start. I will expand on this review, if and when hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful failure?   1 Answer

Associate Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and after a few weeks I received an email to set up a phone interview with a Sr. C&F Marketing Manager. A week later, I received an invitation for an interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis. I was provided with an agenda and a map of the campus. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. My day started with a coffee meeting with a newly hired Associate Channel Marketing Manager. She was very kind and took the time to explain the process and learn more about me. After that, I had two interviews with two hiring managers and HR as well. I spend approx. 5 hours onsite. Everything was explained very clearly and the process was seamless. I went home with a gift bag full of some of my favorite General Mill's snacks etc. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and to learn more about this amazing company.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then I was invited a week later to a 2.5-hour interview with 4 people. The interview went pretty fast, and everyone was so nice, welcoming and easy to talk to. They asked a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a time when..." One tip they mentioned to me was to be prepared to answer using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a project with people from different work functions.   Answer Question

Global Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Without question, one of the most organized, seamless, and trouble-free interview/travel experience that I have seen in my professional career. As far as planning, and reimbursements, etc., they were exceptional.

Interview Questions

• Since there were multiple people, there was not one specific question that was difficult. No one question was any more difficult than the other. All were related to my experience, which was in line with what I expected.   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Became aware of the position through Linkedin and applied through the GMI careers website. Once I applied it took ~2 weeks to hear back about a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for 30 minutes and it was with the hiring manager for the position..interview was a typical behavioral interview and was used as a screening before interviewing on campus.

After the phone interview it took about a week to hear back about advancing to the final round of interviews. The on-campus interview was a half day with three 45 minutes behavioral interviews with HR manager, hiring manager, and another supply chain representative. VERY relaxed interview process which makes it easy for the interviewee. Although questions may be repeated throughout the three interviews I was told 3-4 times that it is OK to use the same STAR answer all morning if I needed to.

FYI, before the campus interview I took two personality assessments and one timed cognitive test. No need to prepare for these assessments and they must be taken before the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your current responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for General Mills?   Answer Question

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Initial phone screen - mix of behavioral and finance scenarios.

Mix of behavioral questions, technical questions, and case study. The case study had both strategic and financial implications. Overall process included meeting with many Associate FInance Managers to understand their career pursuits and rotations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of how you managed difficult team members?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Apply online followed by three rounds of interviews- each harder than the last and held over the phone and then over video calls. The hiring manager followed up and was super genuine and helpful.

Retirement Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I was impressed by the attention given to the applicant experience. Their three interview structure was organized and seamless. The provided itinerary communicated clear expectations for the day. My interview experience with General Mils was very positive.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were behavioral based. An example: Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Phone interview was set up for 3 days later. Had a great conversation with a Marketing Manager, mostly behavioral questions. Recieved a call within the day and was given the opportunity for an in-person interview. Completed 3 assessments, two behavioral and 1 deductive reasoning. In-person interview took place 4 days later. I was created by a friendly recruiting assistant where we briefly talked through my iteniary, as well as, her opnion about why she enjoyos working for General Mills. Then was taken to coffee by a Senior Marketing Associate. She was extremely friendly, and provided a lot of context around what the position was, and the skills/attributes to succeed at General Mills. Then had three back-to-back 30 minute interviews. All were behavioral based. All conversations were challenging, thought-provoking, and exciting. I really enjoyed learning about all of their backgrounds. They were all extremely talented. The day concluded with one last touch base with the recruiting department, where I recieved a box of lucky charms! Overall, it was an enjoyable and challenging experience. Now currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a small timeframe to complete a large amount of work?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me a time when you have had to manage a cross-functional team?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me a time when you had to manage individuals with a variety of different backgrounds/status?   Answer Question