General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

304 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Got an employee referral. My first interview was over the phone. My final interview steps were on site interviews, there were 3 interviews and a sales role play. The process took about two weeks.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Joplin, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter set up phone interview.
    Reached by email to set up in person and get assessments completed
    In Person interview with Team in Joplin.
    Sent survey.
    Waiting for Offer (I was let known during the in person interview it could be up to a week before a decision was made)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in General Mills?   1 Answer

Maintinace Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Was interview by 3 diffrent members of the Maintnence team. Each had diffrent questions and scenarios that come up in the maintinace field. Was about a 3 hours in total. Wrapped up with a walk through of the facility and got to talk to a maintenance tech about day to day expectations and work.

Interview Questions

• How do you remove a stuck bearing   1 Answer

Associate Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills in October 2017.

Interview

First round 1-1 in person interview with only behavioral questions. Had to attend a mandatory information session before the interview. Second round is similar to the first round. You will be required to take an online personality assessment. Third round of interviews is on-site. Three rounds of interviews total.

Interview Questions

• What does the slogan of serving food people love mean to you?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

It's a long and exciting day. We started out with breakfast on-site at 8:00 am. After breakfast you're taken to a conference room where you have 75 minutes to read through a marketing case and prepare a 5-slide presentation on your recommendations. After the 75 minutes they print out two copies of the presentation for you to hold on to. Next is a site tour and lunch with other Associate Marketing Managers. After lunch you have three back-to-back 45 minute interviews. One interview is to present your case recommendations, one is purely behavioral questions (tell me about a time when..) and the last is technical marketing case questions (tell me about an innovative product). After the three interviews you reconvene with other candidates and they escort you out.

Interview Questions

• (Behavioral) Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision with both qualitative and quantitative information.   Answer Question
    • (Marketing) You've just received some funding from an investor. What kind of new food or beverage product would you go to market with, why, and how? (They'll give you 45 sec. or so to gather some thoughts)   Answer Question

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

6 weeks after submitting my resume, a recruiter contacted me well after business hours and requested I attend an in-person interview 3 days later. They paid for my flight and hotel to make it possible. I met with 10 people between 8am and 2pm.

Interview Questions

• If you are led into a room with a cup of clear liquid and a half eaten sandwich, and left there alone with the door locked, what would you do first?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Manufacturing and Engineering Intern position. I met with a General Mills representative at my university's career fair and got an offer for an interview the following week. The second interview came at the end of the same week. Both were on-campus, 30 minutes long, and focused on behavioral/problem-solving situations. Be prepared to answer questions about the company as well (biggest challenges, why you want to work there, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What are the three biggest challenges facing General Mills' supply chain?   Answer Question
    • You're a 3rd-shift manager in a cereal processing plant. An operator comes to tell you that he hears funny noises coming from a boiler. What do you do about the problem?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by personality and reasoning online inventories, then in person interview. Met with recruiting rep then four half hour interviews with different people (from department and HR).

Interview Questions

• Behavior based scenarios (tell us about a time when ... ) and some technical questions (use of applications for work or leisure)   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on the GM site. I got an email the next day asking for my availability for a phone interview. The phone interview was then scheduled for the following Friday morning.

The phone interview was too laid back, in retrospect. The hiring manager was eager to get me in to meet the team, insisting my experience was not a major factor in learning the role, so on the following Monday I agreed to come in that Friday. 24 hours went by and I got an email asking if I could reschedule my on-site interviews for the following Monday because someone from the team was unexpectedly unavailable, after I had already requested my time off for Friday. I insisted I needed to stick to the original plan for that Friday. I was not going to create suspicion by rescheduling my PTO for a Monday.

I came in for the on-site interviews that Friday. The interview questions became increasingly technical, during which I had to explain my lack of experience on certain types of work - all the while maintaining that I was a quick learner and still a hard worker and skilled communicator. I met with 4 team members and 2 HR representatives. Not once did I get the vibe that they were not interested in what I could bring to the role from the outside. The language the hiring manager was using while touring me around the building indicated he was interested in me joining the team: "This is where you'll see so and so," "This is where we'll probably be doing xyz," "You'd be coming in from the outside," etc. I'm no idiot - you don't use that language when you're not seriously considering someone as a new team member.

Classic case of Minnesota nice - everyone I met was over the top accommodating and nice to my face, then once they ship you out the door with a bag of cereal and Gushers, I thought I stood a good chance of receiving an offer.

So, cut to the following Monday morning, I received a terse "we cannot offer employment to you at this time" rejection email before I could finish my morning coffee. I sat there wildly confused, so I responded to the email asking if there was any type of feedback they could offer me. The HR rep responded the next day, saying it's not company policy to provide feedback to interviewees.

The hiring manager definitely led me on with his inclusive, excitable language and going above and beyond to walk me through the working spaces throughout the building. If it became clear to the hiring manager that I was not a proper fit at any point of the interview, I would have MUCH rather preferred being escorted back to the HR room, grabbed my keys and got the hell out of there.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR questions. Tell me about a time when you had so many things going on you had to prioritize them.   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick after our school's career fair. Two rounds of thirty minute interviews with two different interviewers each time. After interviewing, I was told that I would hear back in a week. The next week, I was told there would be a delay and I wouldn't hear back for another week. Then, three weeks later after hearing nothing, I reached out asking when they were releasing decisions, and I was told that I should have gotten an email from HR the previous week. I never got the email. Interview process was good, communicating with them afterwards was very slow, and they were rather disrespectful about not being clear on the timing of their decisions.

Interview Questions

• What could be causing fruit in yogurt to be distributed unevenly? What could be causing fruit in yogurt to get soggy during the process of manufacturing it?   Answer Question