General Mills R&D Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I had to pass a pre-selection screen to even get an interview, this was completed by resume, cover page, and college transcripts. Once getting the interview, I had 4 days to prepare. The interview took place on campus (it was recruitment through the University of MN Food Science department). The woman conducting the interview was extremely nice and personable. Questions are typical, about how you work, why you want the position, and how you deal with people. Be prepared with your food chemistry knowledge for technical questions. I heard back about getting the internship the next day, if they like you, they'll call you right away!

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest technical problem you had to deal with and how did it go?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The internship pays extremely well and I did not negotiate a salary. They will not give you your assignment until maybe a month or less before your internship begins so there is not much you can do for negotiating a place. However, you can always tell them your own interests and they are good about taking those into account, it seems.