General Mills Promotions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Promotions Interview Questions

3.7

Promotions Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called to set up a phone screen. Passed the screen and was called in for a half day of interviews with a cross functional group and computer based tests.
    The process was lengthy.

Promotions Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

It was an average experience. I was recruited from campus along with a couple other students from my University but nobody was offered a position. They are very professional but use recycled questions. The interviews early on felt directed and my interviewers seemed interested but all the interviews at headquarters seemed like I was wasting their time. The "campus" is very nice and it seems like a very comfortable place to work but not a top choice for innovative and self-motivated people. Their perks are almost unbeatable but they have to be due to their location. It seems like it would be a great place to work for a short time but the strength of the company is it's long running career track employees, some of which should be reviewed. They ask decently tough questions during the interview but no real curveballs. I was rushed between interviewers because they messed up with timing. Not a company I would want to work for life for and that seems like all they are interested in. Especially for people coming right out of a top University, I'd advise looking elsewhere for a more interactive and innovative first job. Very "kool-aid" culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your key insights regarding 8 year olds in relation to yogurt.   Answer Question

Promotion Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

My initial contact was made through alumni contacts in the company. Once my resume reached the Promotion Marketing department I was offered a phone interview with an associate. It seems to me GMI weighs in-house recommendations very heavily.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to include a promotion inside Cheerios cereal boxes would you include a licensed figurine or a Cheerios branded spoon, and explain your logic?"   Answer Question