General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.2

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minn City, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

45 min phone, three to four behavioral online text, and an 3 and a half hour in person interview which included meeting several team memebers, HR, management, and a brief tour with a pier member.

Interview Questions

• Several network technical questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30minutes. I was told I would be contacted if the company wanted to do an in-person interview. I was contacted a couple of days after my phone interview. My in-person interview was 3 hours long. It was broken up into 3 parts.

Interview Questions

• A question that was new to me for my phone interview was, "walk me through your resume". Why do you want to work for General Mills? How do you manage working with different personalities?   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Horrid experience. Lost all interest in the company when I toured the plant. The environment was chaotic to say the least. Workers were packing pie dough as fast as they could into packaging.

The interview in Chanhassen was foolish. At no time did I feel like the interviewers actually cared about my situations. I feel it was a waste of time for both parties. Don't waste your time with this company.

Sourcing Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First round was phone screen with hiring manager. Then was brought in for day long interviews with multiple stakeholders and HR. Had to take online personality quiz as well. Interview questions all followed STAR method.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Intense for the level of role. Applying through the website was a mess due to the open ended questions. I did at work and was pulled away partway through; all my answers were lost so I had to go and redo them. Then came the phone screen with the hiring manager. 30 minutes so not that bad. Next was the personality test. Followed by values, motivations etc. inventory. Finally, the deductive reasoning test which is Sherlock quality questions - 18 of them to complete within 22 minutes. In-person interview was scheduled to begin at 7 and included meeting 3 people plus a 'case study'. The in-person was 4+ hours but hey, you get a goodie bag at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group through a challening situation.   Answer Question

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Went smooth. Not high pressure. No questions were meant to stump you. Started by speaking with the recruiting manager, then 3-half hour interviews with position leaders, and followed up by speaking with the HR manager to answer any questions you might still have.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were classic, "describe a time when...."   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

My first contact was an email from the recruiter and then a phone interview a Finance manager. The next day, I was invited for an in person interview with a few finance directors and the finance recruiter. Prior to the in person interview, there were 2 online personality assessments and a deductive reasoning assessment that were required to be completed in addition to completing the official application within their system. When I arrived onsite, I met a senior analyst within the department for coffee and a tour. The in person interview was great; the people I met with were very personable and helpful. They do ask a few curve ball business questions to understand your thought process, but they also definitely want to make sure it's a good fit for both you and the Company.

Interview Questions

• What are some potential drivers that would cause a specific plant that usually has consistent results to have higher than usual SGA costs for a particular month? Explain your thinking.   Answer Question

Group I Automotive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

It was really weird interview process. They asked questions on chatting no phone interview or video interview, and gave so many questions including private questions. Just weird and I have no comments to write more........

Interview Questions

• They asked financial related and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I have been pleased with the process and the people thus far. My first interview was a phone interview with two managers. They were kind, informative and managed the time perfectly. I was contacted a few days later for in-person interviews on campus. I was sent an itinerary setting forth the times and the name and position of each interviewer. I was also sent a map of the campus and instructions for that morning which was helpful. I met with five people that morning which was a little intimidating; however, I felt it was an efficient and considerate approach to minimize additional visits during office hours. I felt at a bit of a disadvantage because I came down with a head cold the day before the interview. Considering I did have a cold, I still found the questions to be minimally stressful and actually, useful and appropriate. Overall the interview process must have been positive because I left wanting the position there even more than before any of the interviews and I was very interested from the start. I will expand on this review, if and when hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful failure?   1 Answer

Associate Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and after a few weeks I received an email to set up a phone interview with a Sr. C&F Marketing Manager. A week later, I received an invitation for an interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis. I was provided with an agenda and a map of the campus. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. My day started with a coffee meeting with a newly hired Associate Channel Marketing Manager. She was very kind and took the time to explain the process and learn more about me. After that, I had two interviews with two hiring managers and HR as well. I spend approx. 5 hours onsite. Everything was explained very clearly and the process was seamless. I went home with a gift bag full of some of my favorite General Mill's snacks etc. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and to learn more about this amazing company.