General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.2

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and expressed interest in the position and an interview. They called me later that night to interview the next morning. The interview took place in the career center on campus and it ended up being about 30 minutes long.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Interview was relatively difficult, considering it was entirely behavioral. People I spoke to were very friendly, but the interview questions definitely required a good amount of thought. I would advise any prospective interns to spend more time than normal researching the company. Besides several questions that made the interview harder, most questions were relatively generic.

Mea Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at SASE post-conference career fair. 2 rounds of interviews and then received offer. Both rounds of interviewers were very pleasant and easy to talk to. Was made aware of where I was standing in the process at all times. Also HR responds to emails and questions very promptly..much much better than any other company I have applied to and started this process with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you went about fixing it?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

I think there are few rounds. but i only attended the first round in National Black, pre sreen phone interview before the National black conference. for the phone screen , interviewer is from MKT background. for the onsite national black, i guess the interviewer is from HR side.

Interview Questions

• - general behaviour questions, leadership, analytical, communication
      - marketing case questions
      -what do you think the vision of GM
      Answer Question

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process at General Mills was great from the moment they flew me out of Tennessee to giving me a box of Lucky Charms ( My favorite) at the end. Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process began with breakfast with a previous LMA who had nothing but good things to say about the company followed by 3 behavioral interviews with members from the Supply Chain team whom were very knowledgeable in their discipline. Then we ate lunch with another LMA graduate who was a pleasure to meet as well. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great company with sound values. HQ was awesome, cool offices and meeting rooms. I had a great experience and appreciate the invite and opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you learn and standardized a process for future use?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt welcome immediately by the lady at the guard desk. Everyone that I met was happy and it reflected in their body language as well as when they spoke. This was a very positive experience and I hope I get the opportunity to part of such a great team!

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company site. Received a phone call about 10 days later to schedule a phone interview. Then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was called the next day with the job offer.

Transportation Procurement Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire recruiting process has been a joy ! The staff at General Mills have been flexible, thorough and very pleasant to deal with from the first phone call right on through the onsite visit.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict within a work group.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst - Customer Service Facility (Roanoke, TX) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Roanoke, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took about 2+ weeks from the phone interview to an interface panel interview. The panelists were welcoming and friendly. I think I may have provided too much information or not enough information in my answers using the STAR technique. Overall, I believe the interview process is a fair assessment.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding types of analysis experience to how I dealt with conflict.   1 Answer

Tech Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

Interview

Prepare for a half day of many 30 minute interviews. You meet with leads, other developers, department heads, etc. They ask a lot of questions but don't really provide you with a whole lot of time to ask questions of your own, which I would say is the biggest downfall of their interview process. Overall, though, they are all very friendly. The preliminary phone interviews were great/easy.

The worst part of the interview / application process is those online exams they make you take. Those have got to go!

It seems a really great company to work for.. Under the right circumstances I would have accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They send you an online quiz with 18 deductive reasoning questions. You have 20 minutes to solve these. It's awful.   1 Answer