General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.2

Group I Automotive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

It was really weird interview process. They asked questions on chatting no phone interview or video interview, and gave so many questions including private questions. Just weird and I have no comments to write more........

Interview Questions

• They asked financial related and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a 30minute phone interview, went in for 4 hr in-person interview, received turn down letter.

I was incredibly excited to be interviewing at one of the top places to work in Minneapolis. The building is beautiful, and they have everything you could want or need inside or down the street (i.e. coffee shop, gas station, auto repair shop, credit union). It all was very appealing. My assigned recruiter was amazing - incredibly kind, and transparent. The first interviewer threw me off a bit. He seemed to mainly want to talk about things unrelated and himself, where I was waiting for more questions. Second person was incredibly friendly and very transparent - was very honest about possible layoffs down the road if brands do not perform well. The third was 20 minutes late, and only asked me two questions before exiting the room. When I asked the third about possible layoffs (which no, I did not directly ask, I positioned a question politely in hopes they would speak more on what my previous interviewer said), they avoided the question - very offputting. I also wasn't sure after a while what position they were hiring me for. There were certain questions they asked that I knew didn't fit with what I applied to. I thought maybe there had been a mixup. No one seemed to hand me a job description either. The fourth person, whom you have casual coffee with made it clear to me she received all of her training on site. Her degree did not apply to the area she worked in. It was interesting. I honestly did not know what to think when I left. After all interviews were done, I was asked to fill out another online application - yes, it's the same one you fill out previously. I received a turndown letter the following day. It was by far one of the most interesting experiences I've ever had. I would definitely recommend following through with the interview to see everything for yourself, but do trust your gut instincts once inside. I don't regret it, I just still don't know what to make of it either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group through a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I have been pleased with the process and the people thus far. My first interview was a phone interview with two managers. They were kind, informative and managed the time perfectly. I was contacted a few days later for in-person interviews on campus. I was sent an itinerary setting forth the times and the name and position of each interviewer. I was also sent a map of the campus and instructions for that morning which was helpful. I met with five people that morning which was a little intimidating; however, I felt it was an efficient and considerate approach to minimize additional visits during office hours. I felt at a bit of a disadvantage because I came down with a head cold the day before the interview. Considering I did have a cold, I still found the questions to be minimally stressful and actually, useful and appropriate. Overall the interview process must have been positive because I left wanting the position there even more than before any of the interviews and I was very interested from the start. I will expand on this review, if and when hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful failure?   1 Answer

Associate Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and after a few weeks I received an email to set up a phone interview with a Sr. C&F Marketing Manager. A week later, I received an invitation for an interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis. I was provided with an agenda and a map of the campus. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. My day started with a coffee meeting with a newly hired Associate Channel Marketing Manager. She was very kind and took the time to explain the process and learn more about me. After that, I had two interviews with two hiring managers and HR as well. I spend approx. 5 hours onsite. Everything was explained very clearly and the process was seamless. I went home with a gift bag full of some of my favorite General Mill's snacks etc. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and to learn more about this amazing company.

Marketing Communications Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Online submission, invite to IV then a whole morning assessment. 90 minutes case study prep time, informational IV/ coffee, IV with HR manager, two meeting with business partners, and presenting case study back. About six hours total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a group of people who's communication style was different from yours.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was the best I've been through from start to finished. I was contacted by a recruiter for the position and had a phone interview set up for the following day. Everything moved quickly and less than 24 hours later I was asked to come in and meet with the team 3 days later. I was also sent an email with 3 assessments to complete before my in person interview. I first met with HR and had a wonderful conversation. After that I met with 4 members of the marketing team. They were all wonderful and had some great questions prepared. I had prepped some answers based on questions I saw on glassdoor but wished I had a few more examples in my back pocket, as I had to reuse some scenarios. I left with a goodie bag and immediately poured myself a bowl of Lucky Charms when I got home. I guess it work! 36 hours later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an innovative brand or campaign you've seen   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I had a multi-step interview beginning with a phone screen with the recruiter, a follow up phone screen with the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with the hiring manager, peers, and second level management. It was a great way to experience the culture of General Mills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as the manager during the first 30 days?   Answer Question

Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Madison, WI).

Interview

on campus info session, then schedule the 1-1 interview, the whole recruiting process is clear and easy to understand. half an hour per person, covered behavior and a bit technical background check.

Interview Questions

• why want to work with the company   1 Answer

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very organized. Everyone at General Mills was extremely nice and helpful throughout the entire process. If I ever had any question I would email HR and they would respond within the hour.

Interview Questions

• Why General Mills?   Answer Question
    • All questions are STAR based. Do your homework be prepared. Know their brands and what new items are coming out.   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The process was very pleasant. It consisted of a phone screening, followed by a 7-hour onsite interview. You even get a bag with General Mills merchandise after the in-person interview!