General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process was incredibly smooth from start to finish. I would say it was a fairly traditional interview process. Nothing terribly unique or unexpected, which is very welcomed when going through the interview process. The recruiters did an amazing job communicating the process as well as next steps.

Mea Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellston, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Wellston, OH).

Interview

-great communication from recruiting officers/managers, HR, and recruiting personnel
    -great culture from the plant tour in Wellston, OH
    -interview process was fast: applied in October/November via Glassdoor, phone interview in December, call back about a week later, on-site interview after New Years.
    -very situational based-the phone interview with the manager was laid back, questions were asked that made me take a step back and think but it wasn't terribly hard (just relax and answer truthfully).
    -had to take a deductive reasoning assessment
    -on site interview was in Wellston, OH--history of company, 3 back-to-back 40-min interviews with the managers, plant tour, lunch, short meeting/debrief (all from 8am-2pm)
    -one of the smoothest, most organized interview processes I've gone through with patient, excited, knowledgeable people

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were a 3rd shift lead and an operator came to you in the middle of your busy day to tell you there was an issue with one of the lines?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to GM by a friend who was declining an offer. I got a phone interview from the hiring manager. After that I was invited to on-site interviews. I had 3 back-to-back interviews with stakeholders of the analytics team. The day was planned perfectly: trip from hotel to GM offices, breakfast with the hiring manager and another applicant to ask any questions, 3 interviews, lunch with an analytics consultant to ask any further questions and finally the trip to the airport. The visit was very pleasant, everyone is very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to make a decision with little information.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screening with one of the hiring managers and another consultant. Later that afternoon, I received an email to set up an onsite interview for the following week. I met with the recruiting manager at the General Mills HQs; she let me know a little about each of the interviewers. I then had 3 1:1 interviews with members of the supply chain team. To finish off the onsite interviews, I had an informal meeting with another supply chain member over coffee. She returned me to the recruiting office and one of the recruiters answered any last questions, gave me a swag bag, escorted me out and let me know they would get back to me the following week on their decision. They got back to me sooner and actually wanted to offer me one of 2 other positions which they thought would be better fits. The interviewers are looking to see if you will be a good long term fit with General Mills, not for just a single role.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you stopped a project early? How did you determine that it should not continue? Did you need to influence others on the decision; if so, how?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself long term?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and expressed interest in the position and an interview. They called me later that night to interview the next morning. The interview took place in the career center on campus and it ended up being about 30 minutes long.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Interview was relatively difficult, considering it was entirely behavioral. People I spoke to were very friendly, but the interview questions definitely required a good amount of thought. I would advise any prospective interns to spend more time than normal researching the company. Besides several questions that made the interview harder, most questions were relatively generic.

Mea Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at SASE post-conference career fair. 2 rounds of interviews and then received offer. Both rounds of interviewers were very pleasant and easy to talk to. Was made aware of where I was standing in the process at all times. Also HR responds to emails and questions very promptly..much much better than any other company I have applied to and started this process with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you went about fixing it?   Answer Question

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process at General Mills was great from the moment they flew me out of Tennessee to giving me a box of Lucky Charms ( My favorite) at the end. Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process began with breakfast with a previous LMA who had nothing but good things to say about the company followed by 3 behavioral interviews with members from the Supply Chain team whom were very knowledgeable in their discipline. Then we ate lunch with another LMA graduate who was a pleasure to meet as well. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great company with sound values. HQ was awesome, cool offices and meeting rooms. I had a great experience and appreciate the invite and opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you learn and standardized a process for future use?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

I think there are few rounds. but i only attended the first round in National Black, pre sreen phone interview before the National black conference. for the phone screen , interviewer is from MKT background. for the onsite national black, i guess the interviewer is from HR side.

Interview Questions

• - general behaviour questions, leadership, analytical, communication
      - marketing case questions
      -what do you think the vision of GM   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt welcome immediately by the lady at the guard desk. Everyone that I met was happy and it reflected in their body language as well as when they spoke. This was a very positive experience and I hope I get the opportunity to part of such a great team!

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job?   1 Answer