General Mills Logistics Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Went to career fair. Received phone call for first round on campus interview. Was invited to second round at HQ in Minneapolis. Flown out, had breakfast in the morning with a previous intern now full time hire about their experiences. Then 3 1 on 1 interviews then lunch. Will here back in a few weeks!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you noticed a mistake before anyone else caught it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process at General Mills was great from the moment they flew me out of Tennessee to giving me a box of Lucky Charms ( My favorite) at the end. Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process began with breakfast with a previous LMA who had nothing but good things to say about the company followed by 3 behavioral interviews with members from the Supply Chain team whom were very knowledgeable in their discipline. Then we ate lunch with another LMA graduate who was a pleasure to meet as well. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great company with sound values. HQ was awesome, cool offices and meeting rooms. I had a great experience and appreciate the invite and opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you learn and standardized a process for future use?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

I got an interview through my university's career fair. The interview process consisted of one on-campus interview and three on-site interviews at their HQ in Minneapolis. All of the questions were standard behavioral stuff. The employees I met there seemed genuine and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to act on limited information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was excellent! Originally applied online and heard back within the week to have a phone interview. Heard less than a week later that I was invited for on site interviews. At the on site interviews I completed four 45 minute interviews with various logistics/supply chain personnel. Interview questions consists of the STAR method. All interviewers were very welcoming and friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a ineffective team member and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

General Mills Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Recruiting Communication Specialist

Excellent is always a great way to hear the process described! Thanks for your review and congrats on your accepted offer!

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Great experience. Met at career fair, invited to first interview. Very relaxed and straightforward. Invited back the next day for second interview with different manager. Interviews were very comfortable and even enjoyable

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

First interview was on campus after campus career fair. Interviewed with a team of two. Lasted for about 45 min. Questions ranged from Interests in the field to explaining a time I stepped up to take leadership in a role. It was like a conversation style than otherwise. I was notified about second round 3 weeks later. A previous LMA took a group of us to dinner before the Monday interview. There were four candidates, we had a good time over dinner. It's a casual dinner so don't over do it (dress casual). Don't try to throw the other person under the bus, just be you.
      Second interview was on a Monday, started at 7.45am. We were at the HQ in Mpls, we had a test to answer 50 questions under 12 minutes (I got to 45 questions). We had free breakfast with another LMA who explained further about his experience with GMI. He was open to questions, and made us very comfortable. Interviews commenced after breakfast, I interviewed with team members in Logistics, Transportation & HR. Each session lasted about 1.5 hrs. After two sessions, we had lunch at the world class cafeteria with another LMA who made us feel more comfortable. We had another two 1.5hr round interview. So 4 sessions in total approx 1.5hr each,
      There were lots of questions on leadership, ethics, strategy and judgement of character. Try to establish a conversational relationship with the interviewer than giving a yes-no answer. Elaborate more on your STAR approach than normal. Ask meaningful questions that show your interest in the company & role. Being up to date with what's going in the CPG industry, risks or struggles they face will give you some talking points. Be cheerful, and deepen conversations with the interviewer that will help them remember you. I got an offer 3 hours later but could take up to 2 weeks in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you compromised on your ethics.   1 Answer

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in January 2014.

Interview

The 2nd phone interview happened around 2 weeks after the 1st interview. It was all behavioral based questions. Again, took about an hour with him asking questions for 30 minutes or so and me asking him questions the rest of the time.

Interview Questions

• How did your result add help to the company in a percentage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by the recruiter in charge of the position via phone. Did a phone interview with him, which took about an hour. He asked questions regarding my resume, why I wanted to work for General Mills, and what interested me about the position. After the interview, he wanted me to have a 2nd phone interview with someone who had been through the program before.

The interviewer said they would get back to me within 2 weeks but I heard back regarding a final interview after 2 days. I had to take 2 short assessments before the final interview. First one was just a personality test and the second one was about morals and values. Took about 40 minutes. Nothing to worry about. Just testing you to see if there are any red flags for HR to worry about and they're looking to see if you fit with the company or not. Can't really try to purposely make your answers fit to what they're looking for so just be honest.

The final interview was at General Mills HQ in Minnesota. They flew me out the night before and a recent graduate of the LMA program took me out to dinner. The dinner wasn't part of the interview but think of it as an informal evaluation. If you raise red flags during the dinner, I'm sure they will take that into consideration. Next day, the interview process started around 8 with breakfast. Again, this was with a recent graduate of the program. 45 minutes for breakfast and then two 45 minute interviews with 15 minute breaks in between. 45 minute lunch with a different graduate of the program and then had to take an assessment. Assessment is your general cognitive assessment/aptitude test. There are 3 types of questions: Numerical, Verbal, and Abstract. Take some practice exams online if you want but this wasn't difficult by any means. You get 12 minutes to try and answer 50 questions. No calculators. The instructions even say that you probably won't finish. I got through 40 some questions. You're looking to hit at least the average score. Obviously, the better you do, the better it looks for you. Another two 45 minute interviews with 15 minute breaks in between. All the interviews were behavioral type interviews. At the end, you meet up with the recruiter to wrap up the day. The interviews started around 8 and ended around 2:30. The recruiter told me I'd hear back within 2 weeks. They called me after 3 hours that day and the recruiter gave me a verbal offer. The actual offer came through their website on my application the next day. I don't think this quick turn around happens very often though. The entire interview process took about a month.

The interviews are with people who have been part of the Logistics Department and with General Mills for a long time. The 2nd to last interview was with someone who was part of helping the department train their employees. The last interview was with the person in charge of the whole program.

Some tips:
    Know your resume. They ask you questions regarding your resume and expect you to refer back to it when you're answering questions.
    Think of examples related to how small pieces fit to make the big picture.
    They emphasize being able to develop relationships with people quite strongly because that's how the company functions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't practice what you preached.

Tell me about a time when a deadline for a project was suddenly moved up. How did you deal with it and what was the result?

Tell me about a time when you were willing to disagree with someone to bring a better solution.

What's the best accomplishment you have ever had? What were some obstacles and what did you do to achieve it?

What's the most creative solution you ever provided for a problem?

Tell me about a time when you were doing your job and you took a step back to see the big picture and saw that you were about to make a mistake. How did you stop yourself from making that mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. It's a very generous offer in terns of both salary and benefits. Received a signing bonus and something called a location bonus for choosing one of their more rural locations.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills (Columbus, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed twice for the same position, both 1:1 interviews. The questions were what you would expect for an internship interview - "tell me about a time where you led a team," "what do you think is important in this industry," etc. Both interviewers made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important initiatives in logistics currently?   Answer Question