General Mills MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Horrid experience. Lost all interest in the company when I toured the plant. The environment was chaotic to say the least. Workers were packing pie dough as fast as they could into packaging.

The interview in Chanhassen was foolish. At no time did I feel like the interviewers actually cared about my situations. I feel it was a waste of time for both parties. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Anaheim, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviews with General Mills at a career conference. Process was quick and simple. General mills does a great job at communicating with you for potential interviews. People are very nice and seem good to get along with. I interviewed with a current manager who was very helpful in explaining the position as well as roles within the company. Interview was behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with whom you did not see eye to eye?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Covington, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviews took place at the Covington, GA plant. There were three 45 minute interviews in the morning with a Technical Manager, MEA Program coordinator, and an Operations manager. After the interviews concluded candidates were given a tour of the facility. Next, we had lunch with current MEAs to ask questions about their experience in the program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you fixed a mistake you made before anyone else knew.   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

The overall experience was polite and friendly! The process was quick and I was told to follow STAR interview process before the interview. The interviewer was nice and asked standard behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• what skills have you transfer from your life outside of school or work to professional life? or vice versa   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Iowa City, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was selected for an interview at the career fair. My first round interview was the day after the career fair and then I received a call that night saying I had been selected for a second round interview on-campus, the following Monday. I received a call Wednesday evening offering me an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I interviewed at General Mills (Covington, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Behavior based interview questions at a local plant followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an ethical dilemma you experienced in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Methuen, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Methuen, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and 1 full interview day at a General Mills factory. Went on factory tour with current Manufacturing Engineering Associate (MEA) and met with all engineering employees of the plant. Pleasant interview process, and was contacted several days later about not receiving the position.

Interview Questions

• The IQ test as soon as I arrived threw me for a loop, but most of the interview questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Saint Charles, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and provided a ton of information about the company. The first round was a 1 on 1 and the second was a 2 on 1. The people were very friendly and made the process more bearable, but the final round was on site and was brutal. It consisted of 4 one on one interviews each that took 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you lead a group to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills in October 2010.

Interview

2 level interview process with the first interview taking place on-campus. If pass the on-campus interview, go on-site to a plant and then there is a panel interview and testing that you need to do

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they have set salaries

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in September 2011.

Interview

Very thorough process. Since I had already gone through College Recruiting with General Mills last year, they contacted me for a phone interview. I accepted and proceeded through the interview. The interview was mainly behavioral questions that looked at leadership ability and technical ability. It was also an opportunity for them to understand what my plans were for the future.

After the phone interview I was alerted that I would be called with details for an onsite plant interview. Prior to the onsite visit, I had to do a personality test that asked questions about the sort of person I am as well what I value. Within 2 weeks I was flown out to a plant for the interview. The plant interview consisted of a plant tour and 4 one on one interviews with various managers. The interviews were very informal and enjoyable. They were a mixture of behavioral questions and conversation about my job experience.

At the end of the interviews, the HR lady said that I would be contacted within a week and if I was being offered a position they would let me know the location a week after that. 3 days later, I get the call that I have a job!

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative presentation you have ever given and what was its outcome?   Answer Question