General Mills Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Mills Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills in July 2016.

Interview

Had interviews lined up all morning with 30 minutes per person. Liked this format of being able to meet the key decision makers all in one day without having to schedule multiple interviews over time.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational based questions. Each interviewer had different ones so you weren't asked repetitive questions. There was a little time left at the end of each interview for me to ask questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Typical and nothing unexpected - apply, two rounds, offer - know your info, study the culture, be prepared to say where you want to be in five years. Diversity is important at the company, yet everyone seems to be alike. Will you fit the culture?

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite General Mills item? What competitive product should General Mills acquire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

The role was posted via linkedin, the role peaked my interest and I applied. I was contacted by a recruiter, completed an online an assessment. I was then contacted again to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager and a potential peer.

After a positive phone screen, I was contacted less than a week later for an onsite which is extremely quick for such a large company.

I came onsite for an interview and completed the wonderlic exam. I was informed that this was "just a part of the assessment process" but I would not be told how i did. I interviewed with 8 or 9 folks then had a followup meeting with HR.

The travel arrangements were very very simple and was one of the most streamlined processes I have been through for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions were particularly difficult but many were repetitive from interview to interview.

1.) Why do you want to work for General Mills
      2.) Tell me about a time where you failed and what did you learn, etc.
      3.) What do you know about General Mills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a General Mills HR person who suggested I submit my resume.
    I submitted my resume online and was also asked to fill out an e-screen. This was a ~2 page document with about 10 general questions and about 4 targeted questions. The general questions focused on past job history, best/worst experience, etc. The targeted questions were specific to the position.
    I heard back in a few days to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The phone interview took about a half hour.
    HR got back to me the following week asking me for an onsite interview.
    Prior to the onsite, I was asked to fill out a personality survey and an ethics/morals survey. I was also asked to submit another application online (via a different system).
    The onsite was about 6 hours. the first few minutes was a form of IQ test. Then was 45 minute interviews with a variety of people.
    HR got back to me the following week.

Interview Questions

• Many questions focused on being innovative in problem solving.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in July 2010.

Interview

Reasonable and thorough interview process. Phone screen by an internal HR recruiter after an online application was completed. Received an invitation to interview in person, one on one as well as a group meeting (over lunch). The people were very pleasant and there was good question/answer sessions. The "fit" was good, yet the position was offered to someone else. Good company values and structure and would recommend to anyone who is seeking a solid employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations where you had to be creative with new ideas and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question
    • Typical...."Tell us about yourself". This question can be useful if the interviewer really can offer what they are seeking and accept detailed answers. Otherwise it can be a pitfall if people are not providing info that the interviewer is really wanting to hear. ASK the interviewer "Well, would you like an overview of my personal interests or would you like more professional background?" or something similar.   Answer Question