General Mills Marketing Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

3.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews that were both very similar. A mix of behavioral questions as well as marketing strategy questions that test your thought process in making decisions. The behavioral questions were standard about your leadership abilities, conflict resolution, etc. The technical questions were more focused on the GMI brands and how well you're able to recognize how strategy should differ depending on brand.

Interview Questions

• How would you market Hamburger Helper to college students?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Marketing Communications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Applied online through university's career website and landed a first round interview. It was mostly behavioral, but they also asked questions regarding what I would do in certain situations as well.
    The same night I received a call back for a second round. The next morning I went in and took an assessment, then did a second round interview with a higher level executive, and answered more situational questions.
    The interviewers are very laid back, nice, and make you feel very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Submitted resume online and after two phone screens I was invited to interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis

Interview Questions

• What trend or fads are currently relevant to 5-8 year olds?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview seemed easy - mad up on the spot marketing ideas for a cereal. I was flown out to Minnesota a couple weeks later. It consisted of 4 interviews and a case.

Interview Questions

• Blurt out marketing ideas for this specific product. You have a minute, GO.   Answer Question