General Mills Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

3.3

206 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

First, I had the over the phone interview. During the in person interview I met with about 6 different individuals. From the HR supervisor to the HR director.
    I got free lunch, however I was asked by one individual if I had kids. Although it was a casual conversation, I was surprised.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your manager?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer
    • What do you like the least about your current position?   1 Answer

Audio Visual (AV) Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

After completing the online application , I was invited to a 30min phone interview, and later a 3-1/2 hr in-person interview with 4 back-to-back interviewers. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. I even got a swag bag with several General Mills products to take home, including a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. My favorite!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a compliment, why you were complimented, and why did you appreciated the compliment.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral after finding job on Indeed. After getting contacted by HR I had a phone interview that was around 30 minutes. Communication with HR associates was sporadic and I received out of office emails from people that asked me to respond to schedule requests. I had to fill out my profile including job history for a second time, complete 2 personality tests and a logic test. The onsite interview process was great and took around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• The logic test was very difficult and tricky. It is timed and you have about 2 minutes per question.   Answer Question

Senior Skype Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very organized itinerary. With technical, HR, hiring manager, and a tour of the facility. I was very impressed with how it was setup and executed. It was 6 separate interviews and all the participants were on-time and engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Specific technical questions. And later leadership questions. I appreciated the variety.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen and then in-person interview. Phone Screen was short maybe 10 minutes. In-person was longer maybe 45 minutes. Lots of situational questions and questions about your aptitude for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you like about this job and something you dislike   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Initially had a brief 15 minute phone interview, the in person interview was long, approximately 4 hours. I met with 3 managers, 1 team member, 1 HR assistant, 1 team specific HR member and 1 IT HR manager. All interviews were in 30 minute blocks with the exception of 1 team member (1 hour) and the 1 HR assistant (15 minutes).

The HR manager questions could have and I would recommend, should be combined. All 3 asked predominately the same questions, each had 1 or 2 different questions. The opportunity to spend time with the team member was wonderful, I was taken on a tour of the Corporate Offices in Golden Valley, he answered questions I had regarding culture, career opportunities etc.

The interview portion with the team specific HR member was not very beneficial and again I would recommend removing that portion from the interview process as the HR manager provided a much clearer insight into HR related questions.

Overall a very positive experience, just a little too lengthy, which could easily be resolved.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic PM related questions, some questions regarding Agile experience, have you worked with a difficult person etc.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minn City, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

45 min phone, three to four behavioral online text, and an 3 and a half hour in person interview which included meeting several team memebers, HR, management, and a brief tour with a pier member.

Interview Questions

• Several network technical questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30minutes. I was told I would be contacted if the company wanted to do an in-person interview. I was contacted a couple of days after my phone interview. My in-person interview was 3 hours long. It was broken up into 3 parts.

Interview Questions

• A question that was new to me for my phone interview was, "walk me through your resume". Why do you want to work for General Mills? How do you manage working with different personalities?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a three part online test and a 4.5 hour interview with 5 people. The interview in person was fast and pretty relaxed. The problem I have is when there was no offer and I asked for feedback they said they cannot offer any due to company policy. How is someone supposed to know what they could improve on for future consideration???

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my past work, scenarios, and role.   1 Answer

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Horrid experience. Lost all interest in the company when I toured the plant. The environment was chaotic to say the least. Workers were packing pie dough as fast as they could into packaging.

The interview in Chanhassen was foolish. At no time did I feel like the interviewers actually cared about my situations. I feel it was a waste of time for both parties. Don't waste your time with this company.