General Mills Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

3.4

Transportation Procurement Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire recruiting process has been a joy ! The staff at General Mills have been flexible, thorough and very pleasant to deal with from the first phone call right on through the onsite visit.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict within a work group.   1 Answer

Tech Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Prepare for a half day of many 30 minute interviews. You meet with leads, other developers, department heads, etc. They ask a lot of questions but don't really provide you with a whole lot of time to ask questions of your own, which I would say is the biggest downfall of their interview process. Overall, though, they are all very friendly. The preliminary phone interviews were great/easy.

The worst part of the interview / application process is those online exams they make you take. Those have got to go!

It seems a really great company to work for.. Under the right circumstances I would have accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They send you an online quiz with 18 deductive reasoning questions. You have 20 minutes to solve these. It's awful.   1 Answer

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through business career services on campus, was informed I was selected for an on campus interview a few weeks later. Had my on campus interview then within the week found out I was flying to Minneapolis to interview at General Mills' headquarters. I did a few online assessments before flying out then once at corporate did a role play and three interviews. Have not heard back about whether or not I got an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 60 days of this job to be successful?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus and was scheduled from 8 in the morning till 2.45 in the afternoon. There were 2 behavioral rounds which are 45 minutes in length and 1 case interview which was again for 45 minutes. We were also given a tour of the wonderful campus. We met Associate Marketing Managers for breakfast and lunch. They were very helpful and tried to make us feel relaxed. The people here are the best. They make you feel comfortable and ensure that you have a great experience.

A little bit more about the case interview, we were given a case that was 12 pages long and then given a laptop to prepare a presentation. It was a simple marketing case, but we are expected to consume a lot of information in the given 75 minutes to read, understand the case and then prepare a simple presentation.

End of the day it was a great experience :)

Interview Questions

• Why General Mills and why Marketing? Which company do you think is the most innovative?   Answer Question

Waiting for decision.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Round: Phone interview with Financial Analyst. Basic Behavioral Questions, 1 Hypothetical Finance Question
    2nd Round: Skype Interview with Finance Manager. Basic Behavioral Questions, 1 Hypothetical Finance Question
    3rd Round: Flown in for In-Person Interview. Dinner the night before with a Senior Financial Analyst & a Financial Analyst. Morning Of: Breakfast with finance members, 3 Round of Interviews: Basic Behavioral & a couple Hypothetical Finance Questions; then lunch with finance members, and a tour. Assessments to complete before the interview.

Advice: Brush up on your behavioral questions. Basic Finance Questions. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Have a good understanding of COGS, input costs, Valuations (Discounted CF, NPV, IRR, WACC), and non-financial factors when deciding to close down factories, taking on new projects, etc.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through University recruiting. It started with an on campus interview lasting for about 45 minutes asking behavioral questions and STAR method questions. The next round was comprised of a role play interview and 3 back to back interviews with different members of HR. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had things not go according to plan and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a half-day in-person interview on campus. STAR method of questioning (tell me about a time when...). Also completed behavioral and deductive reasoning tests, and submitted writing samples. Everyone was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to navigate a client request that you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Data Scientist - Global Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager. Went over my resume, answered a few STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) questions, and had a few minutes for Q&A. I didn't hear back from GM for a few weeks so I figured they had moved on with another candidate.

To my surprise they finally did call back and asked me to come in for a series of in-person interviews. Prior to coming in, I had to complete two personality tests and a critical thinking assessment. The critical thinking assessment is 18 questions and you only have 22 minutes to complete it. I was only able to get through 11 questions before time expired.

My interviews lasted from ~7:45 in the morning to roughly ~1:00pm in the afternoon. In total I had five 45-minute interviews and also had to complete a case study. I had 1.5 hours to prepare for the case study after my first interview and then presented my findings to the hiring manager.

The interviews themselves were pretty standard, again STAR based questions. All of my interviews were 1:1 - there were no panel interviews.

HR was great to work with during the entire process. They even gave me a gift bag of GM treats when I was done with the interviews.

I received a call back from GM the very next day with their decision to extend me an offer, which I am happy to say I will be accepting.

End to end the process took roughly 1 month.

This interview process is intense/challenging and is designed to weed out those individuals who don't really want the job.

Interview Questions

• Again, all of the questions were all STAR questions. Be prepared to answer the questions with specific examples from your past. Make sure you take time to prepare so you can tailor your answers in a way they are applicable to the job posting.

You will also be asked some other standard questions such as "why GM?" and "why are you interested in this opportunity?"
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of standard behavioral questions as well as a short case question about what factors you would consider when creating a new product.

Second round was at General Mills HQ and consisted of 3 behavioral interviews with short case questions interspersed.

Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process! Everyone was extremely smart, yet down-to-earth and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when creating a new product?
      What are the challenges that General Mills faces?
      How is the food industry changing?
      If given 2 different projects, how would you decide which one to take?
      Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of three steps. First, a screening phone intervirew with an AAM. Second, an in person interview (I had this interview with them at ROMBA). And third, a visit to their headquarters in Minnesota, where you have a case study, one interview about the case study, and two more behavioral interviews.

The case study is about 10 pages long, you have to answer all questions in 75 minutes. They give you a laptop and a notepad. The answers should be typed in Power Point.

The behavioral interviews are STAR story based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a CPG social media campaign that you like?   Answer Question