General Mills Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

3.3

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Initial phone screen - mix of behavioral and finance scenarios.

Mix of behavioral questions, technical questions, and case study. The case study had both strategic and financial implications. Overall process included meeting with many Associate FInance Managers to understand their career pursuits and rotations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of how you managed difficult team members?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Phone interview was set up for 3 days later. Had a great conversation with a Marketing Manager, mostly behavioral questions. Recieved a call within the day and was given the opportunity for an in-person interview. Completed 3 assessments, two behavioral and 1 deductive reasoning. In-person interview took place 4 days later. I was created by a friendly recruiting assistant where we briefly talked through my iteniary, as well as, her opnion about why she enjoyos working for General Mills. Then was taken to coffee by a Senior Marketing Associate. She was extremely friendly, and provided a lot of context around what the position was, and the skills/attributes to succeed at General Mills. Then had three back-to-back 30 minute interviews. All were behavioral based. All conversations were challenging, thought-provoking, and exciting. I really enjoyed learning about all of their backgrounds. They were all extremely talented. The day concluded with one last touch base with the recruiting department, where I recieved a box of lucky charms! Overall, it was an enjoyable and challenging experience. Now currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a small timeframe to complete a large amount of work?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me a time when you have had to manage a cross-functional team?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me a time when you had to manage individuals with a variety of different backgrounds/status?   Answer Question

Retirement Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I was impressed by the attention given to the applicant experience. Their three interview structure was organized and seamless. The provided itinerary communicated clear expectations for the day. My interview experience with General Mils was very positive.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were behavioral based. An example: Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process was incredibly smooth from start to finish. I would say it was a fairly traditional interview process. Nothing terribly unique or unexpected, which is very welcomed when going through the interview process. The recruiters did an amazing job communicating the process as well as next steps.

Supply Chain Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to GM by a friend who was declining an offer. I got a phone interview from the hiring manager. After that I was invited to on-site interviews. I had 3 back-to-back interviews with stakeholders of the analytics team. The day was planned perfectly: trip from hotel to GM offices, breakfast with the hiring manager and another applicant to ask any questions, 3 interviews, lunch with an analytics consultant to ask any further questions and finally the trip to the airport. The visit was very pleasant, everyone is very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to make a decision with little information.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screening with one of the hiring managers and another consultant. Later that afternoon, I received an email to set up an onsite interview for the following week. I met with the recruiting manager at the General Mills HQs; she let me know a little about each of the interviewers. I then had 3 1:1 interviews with members of the supply chain team. To finish off the onsite interviews, I had an informal meeting with another supply chain member over coffee. She returned me to the recruiting office and one of the recruiters answered any last questions, gave me a swag bag, escorted me out and let me know they would get back to me the following week on their decision. They got back to me sooner and actually wanted to offer me one of 2 other positions which they thought would be better fits. The interviewers are looking to see if you will be a good long term fit with General Mills, not for just a single role.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you stopped a project early? How did you determine that it should not continue? Did you need to influence others on the decision; if so, how?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself long term?   Answer Question

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process at General Mills was great from the moment they flew me out of Tennessee to giving me a box of Lucky Charms ( My favorite) at the end. Everyone who I spoke to was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process began with breakfast with a previous LMA who had nothing but good things to say about the company followed by 3 behavioral interviews with members from the Supply Chain team whom were very knowledgeable in their discipline. Then we ate lunch with another LMA graduate who was a pleasure to meet as well. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great company with sound values. HQ was awesome, cool offices and meeting rooms. I had a great experience and appreciate the invite and opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you learn and standardized a process for future use?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt welcome immediately by the lady at the guard desk. Everyone that I met was happy and it reflected in their body language as well as when they spoke. This was a very positive experience and I hope I get the opportunity to part of such a great team!

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job?   1 Answer

Transportation Procurement Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire recruiting process has been a joy ! The staff at General Mills have been flexible, thorough and very pleasant to deal with from the first phone call right on through the onsite visit.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict within a work group.   1 Answer

Tech Lead Applications Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Prepare for a half day of many 30 minute interviews. You meet with leads, other developers, department heads, etc. They ask a lot of questions but don't really provide you with a whole lot of time to ask questions of your own, which I would say is the biggest downfall of their interview process. Overall, though, they are all very friendly. The preliminary phone interviews were great/easy.

The worst part of the interview / application process is those online exams they make you take. Those have got to go!

It seems a really great company to work for.. Under the right circumstances I would have accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They send you an online quiz with 18 deductive reasoning questions. You have 20 minutes to solve these. It's awful.   1 Answer