General Mills Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

3.3

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Intense for the level of role. Applying through the website was a mess due to the open ended questions. I did at work and was pulled away partway through; all my answers were lost so I had to go and redo them. Then came the phone screen with the hiring manager. 30 minutes so not that bad. Next was the personality test. Followed by values, motivations etc. inventory. Finally, the deductive reasoning test which is Sherlock quality questions - 18 of them to complete within 22 minutes. In-person interview was scheduled to begin at 7 and included meeting 3 people plus a 'case study'. The in-person was 4+ hours but hey, you get a goodie bag at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group through a challening situation.   Answer Question

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Went smooth. Not high pressure. No questions were meant to stump you. Started by speaking with the recruiting manager, then 3-half hour interviews with position leaders, and followed up by speaking with the HR manager to answer any questions you might still have.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were classic, "describe a time when...."   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

Interview

My first contact was an email from the recruiter and then a phone interview a Finance manager. The next day, I was invited for an in person interview with a few finance directors and the finance recruiter. Prior to the in person interview, there were 2 online personality assessments and a deductive reasoning assessment that were required to be completed in addition to completing the official application within their system. When I arrived onsite, I met a senior analyst within the department for coffee and a tour. The in person interview was great; the people I met with were very personable and helpful. They do ask a few curve ball business questions to understand your thought process, but they also definitely want to make sure it's a good fit for both you and the Company.

Interview Questions

• What are some potential drivers that would cause a specific plant that usually has consistent results to have higher than usual SGA costs for a particular month? Explain your thinking.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a 30minute phone interview, went in for 4 hr in-person interview, received turn down letter.

I was incredibly excited to be interviewing at one of the top places to work in Minneapolis. The building is beautiful, and they have everything you could want or need inside or down the street (i.e. coffee shop, gas station, auto repair shop, credit union). It all was very appealing. My assigned recruiter was amazing - incredibly kind, and transparent. The first interviewer threw me off a bit. He seemed to mainly want to talk about things unrelated and himself, where I was waiting for more questions. Second person was incredibly friendly and very transparent - was very honest about possible layoffs down the road if brands do not perform well. The third was 20 minutes late, and only asked me two questions before exiting the room. When I asked the third about possible layoffs (which no, I did not directly ask, I positioned a question politely in hopes they would speak more on what my previous interviewer said), they avoided the question - very offputting. I also wasn't sure after a while what position they were hiring me for. There were certain questions they asked that I knew didn't fit with what I applied to. I thought maybe there had been a mixup. No one seemed to hand me a job description either. The fourth person, whom you have casual coffee with made it clear to me she received all of her training on site. Her degree did not apply to the area she worked in. It was interesting. I honestly did not know what to think when I left. After all interviews were done, I was asked to fill out another online application - yes, it's the same one you fill out previously. I received a turndown letter the following day. It was by far one of the most interesting experiences I've ever had. I would definitely recommend following through with the interview to see everything for yourself, but do trust your gut instincts once inside. I don't regret it, I just still don't know what to make of it either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group through a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a multi-step interview beginning with a phone screen with the recruiter, a follow up phone screen with the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with the hiring manager, peers, and second level management. It was a great way to experience the culture of General Mills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as the manager during the first 30 days?   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I have been pleased with the process and the people thus far. My first interview was a phone interview with two managers. They were kind, informative and managed the time perfectly. I was contacted a few days later for in-person interviews on campus. I was sent an itinerary setting forth the times and the name and position of each interviewer. I was also sent a map of the campus and instructions for that morning which was helpful. I met with five people that morning which was a little intimidating; however, I felt it was an efficient and considerate approach to minimize additional visits during office hours. I felt at a bit of a disadvantage because I came down with a head cold the day before the interview. Considering I did have a cold, I still found the questions to be minimally stressful and actually, useful and appropriate. Overall the interview process must have been positive because I left wanting the position there even more than before any of the interviews and I was very interested from the start. I will expand on this review, if and when hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful failure?   1 Answer

Associate Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and after a few weeks I received an email to set up a phone interview with a Sr. C&F Marketing Manager. A week later, I received an invitation for an interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis. I was provided with an agenda and a map of the campus. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. My day started with a coffee meeting with a newly hired Associate Channel Marketing Manager. She was very kind and took the time to explain the process and learn more about me. After that, I had two interviews with two hiring managers and HR as well. I spend approx. 5 hours onsite. Everything was explained very clearly and the process was seamless. I went home with a gift bag full of some of my favorite General Mill's snacks etc. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and to learn more about this amazing company.

Marketing Communications Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Online submission, invite to IV then a whole morning assessment. 90 minutes case study prep time, informational IV/ coffee, IV with HR manager, two meeting with business partners, and presenting case study back. About six hours total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a group of people who's communication style was different from yours.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was the best I've been through from start to finished. I was contacted by a recruiter for the position and had a phone interview set up for the following day. Everything moved quickly and less than 24 hours later I was asked to come in and meet with the team 3 days later. I was also sent an email with 3 assessments to complete before my in person interview. I first met with HR and had a wonderful conversation. After that I met with 4 members of the marketing team. They were all wonderful and had some great questions prepared. I had prepped some answers based on questions I saw on glassdoor but wished I had a few more examples in my back pocket, as I had to reuse some scenarios. I left with a goodie bag and immediately poured myself a bowl of Lucky Charms when I got home. I guess it work! 36 hours later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an innovative brand or campaign you've seen   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application, 1 phone screening and a personal interview. The personal interview was all behavioral questions. 7 face to face interviewers. All 7 interviewers had Behavioral questions pre-printed, which seems like they were given to ask. Almost felt like an interrogation session & not an interview....Few smiles exchanged.
    I dont agree with this interview method (behavioral questions) because judging a candidate based on responses to situational questions might sound like a great idea but people good at BSing and not good at actual execution & can't get job done. While people who are good at their jobs and reacting to situations might not be smooth talkers they can get job done but they fail at situational/behavioral questions. All the interviewers had list of behavioral questions & they were writing my answers down. The sad thing about the whole interview was that barely 2 out of the 7 interviewers asked about myself, my experience, my background, my goals, my aspirations & why I want to work for GM.....ridiculous. Also they were not sure about the role......kind of Vague on job description and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one instance when you achieved a goal and how you achieved it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you leveraged a relationship to get job done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you executed an out of the box idea?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation when you had a disagreement with your boss & how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you failed? What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you failed to meet your goal.   Answer Question