General Mills Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

3.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen and then in-person interview. Phone Screen was short maybe 10 minutes. In-person was longer maybe 45 minutes. Lots of situational questions and questions about your aptitude for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you like about this job and something you dislike   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company site. Received a phone call about 10 days later to schedule a phone interview. Then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was called the next day with the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Bay City, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a 10 p.m. phone interview on a Sunday night. Then a face to face with what I assume was the Regional Manager at a location of his choosing six days later. It was explained to me that they would like to move quickly to fill this position as someone was retiring in January 2017. It was almost four weeks after the one on one, received form letter that I had not been chosen.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I first had a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes, and was then invited for a face to face. The face to face interview lasted about an hour. There was just the interviewer and myself. I was then emailed an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills (Albany, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Nov 9th. Got an email for phone screen and completed that Dec 8. Easy questions about my work experience. Then email asking for face to face interview on Dec 13. Interview was with district manager. 1 hour of situational questions. Went great , thought I did very well but just got an email saying I wasn't chosen.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you went above and beyond to make a sale   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was directed to the Company website. I filled out the Company application, added a cover letter and resume and received an email inviting me to a phone screen about 2 weeks later.

The phone screen was short but the questions were sharp. Be sure you are focused. The pool of applicants is typically large and if you've made it this far, you want to make it to the next phase.

The 60-minute behavioral face-to-face interview is with your future boss and a good opportunity to feel out the chemistry between the two of you.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your communication style.   Answer Question
    • Q: You are going to meet with a store manager for the first time, how do you prepare?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career centre website. Received an email about a week later saying I had an interview on campus with three sales people from General Mills. They were very amiable and nice. Introduced themselves and asked me about my experience. No curve balls. Interview lasted about half an hour.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

The process was an inital screening and a formal in person interview with a case study.

Interview Questions

• The case study could be challenging if you don't know what you're doing   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills in March 2011.

Interview

first, there was a presentation of the company with a group of about 20 college recruits. second, i had an initial face to face interview. I was then asked to come back for a second face to face interview after advancing on. at the second face to face, I had to take a personality test, situational test with questions of how you would react to certain situations, and a wonderlic test. after the tests, I finally had the interview.

Interview Questions

• what is the most innovative thing you have done in college regarding academics?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

Interview

This was an undergraduate recruitment posting at my university. I applied in September, and my first interview took place on campus in October. It was with a more senior member of the sales team and was about 30 mins total. The conversation was professional but very casual, and a good opportunity to showcase your personality, which is really key in a sales role where you will be dealing with customers regularly. I was informed of a second interview at the head office in Mississauga, Ontario about 4 weeks later. Second interview consisted of 5 separate back to back interviews along with lunch out with a more junior employee. Each interviewer had a unique area of interest relating to the position and asked a lot of questions about experiences in summer jobs or on projects in school.

Interview Questions

• My understanding of the grocery industry.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you influenced change. How did you do this and what happened?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not flexible on locations offered. Start date had some flexibility.