General Motors Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview first, they do interview by project team. questions are very technical scenario base. you need to prepare your use case sample. who joined for interview?(two senior developers, one BA, PM, Dev Manager,and Architech)

Interview Questions

• HR basic questions are easy, but when it gets to actual team interview.. it is super tough
    They ask impossible case questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply through the Website and got a call after one 2 days from GM recruiter, then set up the interview with the hiring manager. about a one-hour phone interview. then I got an email from them that they select another candidate for this job.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have done at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I had an initial interview on campus in Atlanta, Ga, then was scheduled for the second round on site via email, in about 2 weeks. The interview was mainly behavioral questions and tell me about yourself question.

Interview Questions

• Tell about the time when you had a difficult co-work and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2012.

Interview

I first saw GM at my college's career fair as a Senior in my undergraduate program. I signed up to interview with GM through my college's internal site. From there, I did an on-campus two-part interview with three people each time. I waited for over a week for a response. Then, they took me on a trip to Austin (from DFW area) to network and see what work is like before I made my final decision (I don't believe HR still does the trips because they are expensive).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at General Motors?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to respond to a ridiculous request.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was 30 minutes. The second one was with a different interviewer for an hour. They were almost entirely behavioral questions with one or two technical questions in the second interview. Pretty laid back interviewers. They helped me feel pretty comfortable in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you finished a project and got the wrong outcome so you had to re-do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is on the slower side from submitting the resume to getting an interview, but once they have made a decision that part is much quicker. The interview questions are about how you would react in certain situations. You are interviewing as they believe you are qualified and they want to determine how you fit into their group.

Interview Questions

• How I would react in certain situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Called by a recruiter to set up interview. Then onsite interview with senior and manager. They asked behavioral questions as well as a couple technical questions regarding the position. They will not send a regret candidate email. If you don't hear from them within a month then move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had difficulty working with someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Roswell, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring Process Took around 3 weeks.
    I was 1st contacted by a GM recruiter where he did a screening to see if I was qualified outside of my resume. Afterwards in 5 days I interviewed with the hiring manager in Detroit via the phone. Questions were very direct and the manager knew who/what he was looking for in a candidate. I think had a face to face via Virtual Webcam with Hiring Manager and supervisor. Both sessions were 1 hour long. Finally Hiring manager advised me a decision would be made in about 3 business days. I then got a call back in about 1 hour offering me the job. Seamless process with a great company that knew who and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• None. All standard questions for the business analyst profession.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate. Offer was well above my asking so I was very satisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (UC Berkeley, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Did not know that GM actually interviewed on campus. Hiring process was relatively painless. Hiring manager gave the sit rep about the company and why they were hiring. I was then given a panel interview by other employees. Most of the questions were actually behavioral, not technical, which surprised me a bit.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Submitted application and recieved a phone call for a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was conducted utilizing STAR method. The interviewer had a series of planned questions. Interviewer was very friendly and professional. A second interview was then conducted face to face with an interviewer. The second interview was very similar and lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were surprised with how well the results turned out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate