General Motors Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Buyer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

panel interview, was on the phone, then a webex, then in person, each time I was interviewing with about 3 people one after another. Final interview was at the RenCen and involved senior leadership

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

a long 6 hour process but great conversation and overview of the company. I received a tour of the facility by the hiring manager and the director which was nice as well as a mid afternoon snack with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for an automotive company when most college grads are looking out west?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI).

Interview

STAR interview process was utilized. 2 hour long interviews - back to back - with two managers in each interview. Guidance was provided for the STAR method. Company is accepting of many different backgrounds and enjoyed hearing about different experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your brand in one word?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview

Multilevel interview process. 1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview 2. Face to Face 6 hour interview process. First meet with HR for a presentation 3. First Interview (they want to learn how to learn and respond to situations - this is not a Q&A interview. This will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. 4. 2nd interviewer will come in and will ask completely different questions in this stage.

Interview Questions

• They would ask how you would change what you achieved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary - that was made clear early on in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Why you want to work at GM, Why you are looking, overview of experience and several behavior based questions with 2 different managers. It was basically an hour with each manager. The feed back was quick. interviewed on Friday, regret email on Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a internal recruiter. A20 min phone interview was scheduled the day. I was contacted less than a week later to schedule an in person interview. The interview process was the STAR methods/ two one hour interviews. A half hour presentation regarding GM benefits prior to. Whole prices took about 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you told one person one thing, and another person something completely different.

Tell me about a time when y is worked with someone you did not trust.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Competitive salary and nice non-monetary perks.