General Motors Design Release Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Design Release Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI).

Interview

HR calls for a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well the hiring manager sets up a regular in person interview. If the in person interview goes well the GM recruiter calls and gives an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you resolve that issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screen interview with a manger. It took about 25 mins. I applied online through KForce, they sent my resume to GM. After about 3 weeks, KForce scheduled me for a phone interview. GM had to reschedule the interview for a reason. Luckily, they rescheduled it with another manger who was so nice!

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume and work experience?   1 Answer

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

1)submit the resume, and 2)take a simple test(kind of IQ and personality). After that, 2 time of interview. Each time I was questioned in Korean and English. 3)1st interview was 3:4(3 interviewers-team leader level and 4 applicants) and 4)2nd interview was 2:2(2 interviewers- directors, and 2 applicants), last, 5)health check

Interview Questions

• Explain the process if you design a bottle of water( interviewer picked the item randomly in the room   Answer Question
    • Tell me about former experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 2-hour long video interview. The managers described who they are and what they do First. Then I did my self-introduction. Apparently they have a list of questions they have to go through with every interviewees and no one of them is extremely hard. Read what others say on glassdoor because basically all the questions are covered here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and arranged the interview pretty quickly. It was only a few minutes of STAR questions. My recruiter later called me and told me they offered me the job. GM then requested a follow up meeting to discuss my living arrangment. I thought maybe they would offer me relocation expenses for the 600 mi move. Not so! The way they were talking this time, it sounded uncertain as to whether or not I had the job, and I was grilled about my specific living arrangements, and ranted at about how if I was only taking the job for experience for a career elsewhere then not to bother. Like, sorry your last girlfriend hurt you. Overall, I found this extremely unprofessional, especially considering I was not being given relocation compensation.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

There was an initial 30 minute to 1 hour screening survey that had behavior based question. Following that I had two one hour interviews on site that were a similar style. I was given an offer the same day after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem without having all of the information available.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

So far I had a phone interview after talking to a recruiter at a career fair. It consisted of four "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I now have an on sight interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got results that were way greater than you expected.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Got an on-site interview right off the bat. Interviewed with about 5 other DRE's and they all wanted to hire me. They asked about my past experiences and how it'll translate into my new role

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview

Interview about about an hour. Asked questions from interview posted on website. Know Lominger competences and have a scenario prepared for each. STAR format with what you learned and how to apply it

Interview Questions

• Since I answered every question in the guide so nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR the following day. Basic questions to determine eligibility, preferred salary, when I could start, etc. Was told my resume would be passed along and I would hear about an interview by the end of the week. Ended up getting a canned email saying they decided I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Only talked to HR so there was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question