General Motors Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University website, got an email requesting to meet for an interview through University's co-op office about 3 days before the interview. Interviewed with 2 representatives from GM. General questions at the beginning (why did you go into Electrical Engineering, why you want to work for GM, etc) followed by 4 in depth behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you solved a problem that nobody else around you could solve, process of solving the problem, what you learned and how you applied what you learned elsewhere.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you lead a team, what you accomplished, how you accomplished it, what you learned and how you applied what you learned elsewhere.   Answer Question
  • A time where you learned on the fly/get something done quickly with limited knowledge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two step interview process with the first consisting of 3 behavioral question for 45 minutes and the second having 8 for the time span of 2 hours. There's not a lot of technical questions. Before the first interview they treated all the interviewee to dinner to get acquainted with the interviewers and they gave a lot of hints and advice on what would the interviewing process would be like.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors in December 2013.

Interview

Three interviews, personality based, very comfortable

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to change your means of communications because of new information you received?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

written test followed by some 3 rounds of interview(min 2, max 3)
    written test had questions based on your core subject(mechanical / electrical& electronics) + logical resaoning/ analytical Q's. they also gave a blank sheet of paper and asked to write teh technicals achievements if any or good projects that you have done.
    shortlisted students were called for an interview,
    1st round purely technical: they ask you which subject are you good at & shower questions on you about that subject and also try to confuse you by asking whether your answers are right or wrong.
    2nd interview was technical again, similar to 1st
    there was a round elimination.
    i wasn't selected for HR
    results were announced as soon as HR round of everybody's was done!

Interview Questions

• difference between RISC & CISC. in what applications which of them is used?
      architecture of 8051, 8086 etc.,   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Mysore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

The process conissted of 3 rounds. A written round, technical-15,apti-10 and C-5 questions. It was followed by a technical interview, but the questions were very basic and mostly HRish and based on the projects we have done. It was followed by a HR interview, which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as such, they were all on basics such as What is an electromagnetic field, whats the relation betwenn V,I,field and wave.   Answer Question

The jobs being offered were on testing, which I wasn't interested in.