General Motors Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

Interview Questions

• would you be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Negotiation

average

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Interview

It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Directly to interview process. Three rounds. two were technical and one HR. In technical they will ask about subjects based on my B.Tech and according to the candidates interest. They asked every question one linked to other. Overall they maintained a positive atmosphere during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about automobile components - ABS, Cruise control, Control system used in those   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

easy ,mainly technical
    the interview process was simple .it was done in three stages.First was written test (technical + analytic) .Then there was a technical round followed by HR round.
    Hr round is behavioural round where they ask you ur strengths,weakness and future 5 year ,10 year plan and if you are willing to relocate or not.

Interview Questions

• technical question related to stress analysis,principle stress   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. One on one or two on one. Check other questions on glassdoor as well as the ones I have listed (were not on glassdoor). Friendly interviewers in my experience. Most interviews accompanied by a tour. It has been a couple of days and I have not heard back from them either way; will update when I get notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision based on incomplete data.(Dealing with ambiguity)
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone from a different culture than you.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with one person. We went through a typical introduction including who they were and what their role in the company was. Then we reviewed my CV and discussed my experience. Then they ask questions (typical STAR interview), they wrote down notes on your responses, and then you could ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It revolved around situations and how you handled said situation. Once you explained the situation, you then had to explain how you over came that situation and what you learned from it. From there they would ask another question regarding you answer, something like "when did you use that information you learned in the future"

Interview Questions

• when was a time you over came a challenge   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was very professional. Received a call a week after applying online. First scheduled telephone interview, then a week after the telephone interview, there was a in person interview. Interviewers made the process very comfortable for you. May take some time to hear back for an offer, but be patient, there are a lot of good things happening at GM and the process of bringing in high quality talent takes time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accomplishments, situational questions, and questions about experiences from your resume.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors in April 2014.

Interview

Big emphasis on behavioral / Lominger in addition to technical questions based on specific work experiences
    - 1st round, with recruiter (on phone)
    - 2nd round, panel with management, details on the position (video interview but surprisingly comfortable)
    - 3rd round, in person visit, 1:1 with manager and future colleagues, tour around campus

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not entertain and try to make you feel bad for asking. Found it quite rude actually.