General Motors Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.8

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

Interview Questions

• would you be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Negotiation

average

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Interview

It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Directly to interview process. Three rounds. two were technical and one HR. In technical they will ask about subjects based on my B.Tech and according to the candidates interest. They asked every question one linked to other. Overall they maintained a positive atmosphere during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about automobile components - ABS, Cruise control, Control system used in those   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

easy ,mainly technical
    the interview process was simple .it was done in three stages.First was written test (technical + analytic) .Then there was a technical round followed by HR round.
    Hr round is behavioural round where they ask you ur strengths,weakness and future 5 year ,10 year plan and if you are willing to relocate or not.

Interview Questions

• technical question related to stress analysis,principle stress   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. One on one or two on one. Check other questions on glassdoor as well as the ones I have listed (were not on glassdoor). Friendly interviewers in my experience. Most interviews accompanied by a tour. It has been a couple of days and I have not heard back from them either way; will update when I get notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision based on incomplete data.(Dealing with ambiguity)
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone from a different culture than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Three interviews: First interview with recruiter (salary expectation, logistics, general qualifications). Second interview with engineers with similar job (technical interview specifically related to job description). Third interview with hiring managers (personality questions). Two weeks between each interview, long wait between final interview and offer (six weeks).

Interview Questions

• Example of a time you exceeded the performance of your peers.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in December 2016.

Interview

The process was relatively casual and laid-back. There was only one in person interview and then a follow-up phone interview. Questions were standard, STAR interview format was used, and interviewers were professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you over came conflict in the work space?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Standard interview process, online application submission through the school's career site and an in-person interview with 2 interviewers. The in-person interview itself took a little less than an hour and was asked the standard interview questions for students, only behavioral questions. They were very attentive and gave feedback on my replies as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR director followed by two one on one interviews.
    Informed that they are using STAR format by hr personnel via email before on-site interview.
    Few technical questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you suggested. What you learned and how you applied...   Answer Question