General Motors Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Standard interview process, online application submission through the school's career site and an in-person interview with 2 interviewers. The in-person interview itself took a little less than an hour and was asked the standard interview questions for students, only behavioral questions. They were very attentive and gave feedback on my replies as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Talked to future manager. Reviewed achievements in current position and requirements for that one. Had been recommended by employee. Was thinking process would take longer but it was pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed the requirements for that position point by point   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR director followed by two one on one interviews.
    Informed that they are using STAR format by hr personnel via email before on-site interview.
    Few technical questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you suggested. What you learned and how you applied...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview with plant manager and Director for Chief Powerhouse Engineer position. I worked as a coop student while attending University of Memphis. My position was to maintain the facility, then I was promoted to engineer and finally senior engineer position. Enjoyed my time at GM.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Directly to interview process. Three rounds. two were technical and one HR. In technical they will ask about subjects based on my B.Tech and according to the candidates interest. They asked every question one linked to other. Overall they maintained a positive atmosphere during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about automobile components - ABS, Cruise control, Control system used in those   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

easy ,mainly technical
    the interview process was simple .it was done in three stages.First was written test (technical + analytic) .Then there was a technical round followed by HR round.
    Hr round is behavioural round where they ask you ur strengths,weakness and future 5 year ,10 year plan and if you are willing to relocate or not.

Interview Questions

• technical question related to stress analysis,principle stress   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with one person. We went through a typical introduction including who they were and what their role in the company was. Then we reviewed my CV and discussed my experience. Then they ask questions (typical STAR interview), they wrote down notes on your responses, and then you could ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It revolved around situations and how you handled said situation. Once you explained the situation, you then had to explain how you over came that situation and what you learned from it. From there they would ask another question regarding you answer, something like "when did you use that information you learned in the future"

Interview Questions

• when was a time you over came a challenge   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI).

Interview

Phone interview screening followed by on-site interview (2 hours with two separate managers). Each hour was divided to: introduction, behavioral questions (4), technical questions (5), and the extra time was to answer my questions (15 minutes). The entire process took 2-3 weeks. It was the best interview / process I ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They met my initial request, so there was no negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, what are your weaknesses, strengths. Focused a lot on past internships and experience and what I did there. Also answered any questions I had about the company, what my role would be in the company.