General Motors Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with one person. We went through a typical introduction including who they were and what their role in the company was. Then we reviewed my CV and discussed my experience. Then they ask questions (typical STAR interview), they wrote down notes on your responses, and then you could ask questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Interview

two onsite interviews, each one is an hour.You interview with two different managers, STAR is being used to answer these questions. Must be prepared and nothing will be very hard.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for GM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, what are your weaknesses, strengths. Focused a lot on past internships and experience and what I did there. Also answered any questions I had about the company, what my role would be in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was very professional. Received a call a week after applying online. First scheduled telephone interview, then a week after the telephone interview, there was a in person interview. Interviewers made the process very comfortable for you. May take some time to hear back for an offer, but be patient, there are a lot of good things happening at GM and the process of bringing in high quality talent takes time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accomplishments, situational questions, and questions about experiences from your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. One on one or two on one. Check other questions on glassdoor as well as the ones I have listed (were not on glassdoor). Friendly interviewers in my experience. Most interviews accompanied by a tour. It has been a couple of days and I have not heard back from them either way; will update when I get notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision based on incomplete data.(Dealing with ambiguity)
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone from a different culture than you.
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

On Campus (University) interview process. Very straightforward process with many behavioral questions. Asked about previous projects, interests in GM, why GM etc. Asked to describe projects and how they relate to work at GM. Interviews all done using the STAR method. Initial stage was something of a screening step, then asked to interview with managers. Managers conduct the interview and describe the STAR method. They even provide a rubric. The managers are quite nice, very straight forward and helpful throughout the process.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview

I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in US?   1 Answer