General Motors Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR director followed by two one on one interviews.
Informed that they are using STAR format by hr personnel via email before on-site interview.
Few technical questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you suggested. What you learned and how you applied...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with one person. We went through a typical introduction including who they were and what their role in the company was. Then we reviewed my CV and discussed my experience. Then they ask questions (typical STAR interview), they wrote down notes on your responses, and then you could ask questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

easy ,mainly technical
    the interview process was simple .it was done in three stages.First was written test (technical + analytic) .Then there was a technical round followed by HR round.
    Hr round is behavioural round where they ask you ur strengths,weakness and future 5 year ,10 year plan and if you are willing to relocate or not.

Interview Questions

• technical question related to stress analysis,principle stress   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI).

Interview

Phone interview screening followed by on-site interview (2 hours with two separate managers). Each hour was divided to: introduction, behavioral questions (4), technical questions (5), and the extra time was to answer my questions (15 minutes). The entire process took 2-3 weeks. It was the best interview / process I ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They met my initial request, so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It revolved around situations and how you handled said situation. Once you explained the situation, you then had to explain how you over came that situation and what you learned from it. From there they would ask another question regarding you answer, something like "when did you use that information you learned in the future"

Interview Questions

• when was a time you over came a challenge   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

two onsite interviews, each one is an hour.You interview with two different managers, STAR is being used to answer these questions. Must be prepared and nothing will be very hard.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for GM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Was a behavioral type interview, so no need to worry about the technical side of things. I applied online and was asked to come into their main branch in Michigan. I was interviewed separately by two different people. They were quick to respond after the interview, literally the day after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a team member.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, what are your weaknesses, strengths. Focused a lot on past internships and experience and what I did there. Also answered any questions I had about the company, what my role would be in the company.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online. Waited for about two to three months, then received a request for phone interviewing. After sucessful, was sent a request to interview online with four managers via video call. Heard back about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time in which an already established decision was modified. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was very professional. Received a call a week after applying online. First scheduled telephone interview, then a week after the telephone interview, there was a in person interview. Interviewers made the process very comfortable for you. May take some time to hear back for an offer, but be patient, there are a lot of good things happening at GM and the process of bringing in high quality talent takes time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accomplishments, situational questions, and questions about experiences from your resume.   1 Answer