General Motors Finance Manager TRACK Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Finance Manager TRACK Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

This is an MBA recruiting program. I went to NSHMBA without any leads or contacts at GM but made a good enough impression to get a first round interview. I had two separate 30 minute interviews, one was behavioral based and the other was technical based. I was then flown to Detroit for a final round 'Super Day.' There were 4, 30 minute interviews where interviewers mixed behavioral, situational, and technical based questions. There was also a technical screen where you were given 90 minutes to read over a business case, build a forecast model, and write a memo about your findings. Your fifth 30 minute interview consisted of a presentation of your analysis along with other technical questions and critiques of your analysis. It was a long process.

Interview Questions

• If GM were to pay a large one time special dividend, how would this impact our cost of debt?   1 Answer
  • Can your cost of debt ever be greater than your cost of equity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to gross up the signing bonus and receive the bonus in advance in return for cancelling two scheduled final round interviews. They said no. I talked to three other candidates that received offers that all tried to negotiate to no avail. They have an offer for you to either take or leave.