General Motors Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Financial Analyst Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Spoke to recruiter at a career fair and applied through my college career website. 30 min technical and 30 min behavioral parts to the interview with 2 different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• When would you accept a project with a negative NPV   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

2 one on one interviews that were very comfortable and mostly behavioral at first. Then more analytical questions were added into the interview but none that were too challenging. Then two more interviews followed and a financial modeling test.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

My process started with a resume drop at a career fair, I actually missed the finance contact but was contacted for a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. I then had onsite interviews with 4 different Finance directors and had to complete a case study. Though the process may have changed slightly (i.e. multiple interviewers) the core of the process is roughly the same.

Interview Questions

• Business case is usually shaped around some recent experience/project. Technical capabilities are expected but rational business sense should also be used   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Got call from a recruiter asking about resume. Follow on interview with a hiring manager, asked general questions and some specific about position. Went in for interview, started with a case study on the Impala. Not hard, development and sales cost of the vehicle, looking for total NPV. Didn't look at summary, so do even worry about the document just a simple finance problem. Follow on with HR, situational questions, and how great GM is and why you should get hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard, interviewers weren't very friendly. No feedback either way during interviews.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors in November 2012.

Interview

Interview with two campus recruiters for a position located at Detroit HQ. The two one on one interview was in connection with a Campus Career Fair and involved at least 20 others. There was a series of questions that dealt with mobility, experiences, resume review, and a few technical questions. Be prepared to answer questions based on recent coursework and simple financial analysis.

Interview Questions

• Simple analytical questions that can take you off guard if your not focused, get a good night sleep   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

First round -- on campus; second round -- Written case interview PLUS multiple face to face interviews -- usually on a "super weekend". Interviews usually very technical and finance focused. Lot of emphasis on investment skills.

Interview Questions

• Currency hedging strategies especially across US and Mexico   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I feel I did well in the interview. Answered all behavioural questions with examples of past experience. I know of two other people that went to the same interview and we all think we did well. It has been 2 months and none of us have heard anything back. We contacted the interviewer just to be ignored

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to pursue Accounting Major at the university   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the company website took few months to get the interview call. Received a call from the HR rep and the time for interview along with the day was flexible. There was only one interview with two managers and all they asked were behavioural questions. They want to know more about you and what you can do rather than the technical aspect as you can learn that once you start work if you are dedicated. The interviewers were really friendly and laid back I didnt feel even a little nervous after the first few questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as I didn't have that much experience.