General Motors (GM) Entry Level Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors (GM) Entry Level Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

2.6

Entry-level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was through university career fair. First round interview (about 20 minutes ) was on campus with three behavior questions. Second round interview (1 hour ) was on site for many more behavior questions and a little bit technical question. They are very friendly and very helpful in the whole interview process. Got an offer two weeks after second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you meet a situation that made you frustrated and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors (GM)

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in February 2016.

Interview

I met the GM recruiters at my university's career fair. They are incredibly nice people. They scheduled an on campus interview for 2 weeks later. There were 2 back-to-back interviews running roughly 30min each. They were very relaxed and all behavioral questions. I received my response a little over 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to rework a problem. Tell me about a time when an outcome greatly exceeded expectation. How do you stayed informed and current with your field?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

I first applied for thre position through the website .Had the first interview over the phone. Lasted about 30 minutes. A week later, i had my 1:1 interview. Both interviews were fairly easy. The interviewers were also cool. Most interview questions are behavioral questions, with 1 or 2 position- related (technical) questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and they signed me up for an interview right there. The actual interview was very short and easy; it was just a lot of behavorial questions, all of them about describing a time/situation and how you reacted to that given situation. I received a callback for a second round interview but have not done that yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time and what you did when you were unsure/unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Got interview at career fair. Contacted for first round interview that day, scheduled for the next week. Interviewer was really nice, but late; there were a lot of people interviewing for GM. Incredibly easy questions but given the enormous quantity of applicants the first interview sets a low bar, mostly just be presentable and personable and you'll pass. I overprepped for sure. Only asked one technical question, three behavioral.

Haven't gone through the rest of the process yet, will update then.

Interview Questions

• If names like "A mad.ama" or "R$ace car" are unacceptable (if the alphanumeric bits are palindromes) how would you screen them out of a list of names?   1 Answer
    • When was a time when you had to do something you didn't know how to do (not exact wording, basically a "tell me about a time you had to problem-solve" type question)?   1 Answer
    • "Tell me about a time when..." you took into account new tech trends and implemented them in a project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Lubbock, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

A four man team came to campus for a job fair. Interviews proceeded the following two days. Two separate interviews proceeded both 40 min and back to back. Standard behavioral questions were asked. Four questions were asked generally asking what you would do in a specific situation. These questions probably change every interview. The interviewer wrote down our answers to hand to the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior college experience, classroom projects, and relevant job experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through University event. Interview was 2 hours long divided between two interviewers. Questions were mostly STAR read from a packet. Some technical questions were asked. Question about resume/experience were the bulk of the interview process. Went over basic HR stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in January 2017, got an interview a month later. Good experience, the guy I interviewed with was really laid back and by the end I wasn't that nervous at all. He recommended me for a second interview (phone interview), but I haven't heard from them in 4 weeks. I've read that the process is slow, but I'm hoping I hear something from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two in person interviews over the course of 2 weeks. The first focused on personality questions and had one technical question. The second had no technical questions but asked about scenarios I had encountered in the past.

Overall it was a positive experience however I was disappointed in the second interview. The interviewer was supposed to come with notes from the first interviewer but did not. The second interview went well but there was one BIG issue. The interviewer told me he was submitting my name for a job (not that I would get an offer, but that my name would be in the pool). I then followed up with the first interviewer (he was the more knowledgeable of the two) and was informed that when they averaged my scores, I did not meet the minimum criteria. It was two weeks after my second interview that I received this news so it was upsetting to hear that I was never actually submitted for a job at all. I worry that my expectations could have been better handled if the second interviewer had reviewed the notes of the first interviewer.

Once I wasn't offered a position I asked what I could do to make myself more attractive in the future and was given some great feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: A company wants to find a name for their company but it cannot be a palindrome. How would you write a program that ensures that a palindrome is not used? Tell me like you are speaking to your grandmother.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at GM?   Answer Question
    • What trending IT technology have you used to solve a problem in your life/during school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I went to two interviews on site typically 2 hours long. Each was given by a different person. First, was a database engineer , and the second was a software developement manager. They offered me the job that night. Very quick decision process for the New College Hires.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical software developement questions but did not white board.   2 Answers