General Motors (GM) Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

General Motors (GM) Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a standard behavioral interview and mainly asked questions about my experiences and how I handled different situations. They'll ask you how you handle difficult situations multiple times so just be prepared with your different situations.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to learn something new and what resources did you use to learn it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors (GM)

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1 hr Behavioral Interview. Got recruited at the career fair, and they set up my interview in less than a week, so that was a quick process. Getting an actual assignment took a little longer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall good experience. Sat with a panel of hiring professionals at my university. They asked me questions about my resume as well as past job experience. Intimidating to sit among so many high-profile engineers, but they were kind.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to challenging projects in the workplace? Give an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They used the S T A R format the interview. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This was for a first round behavioral interview and did not involve answering any technical related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you knew you were correct but were told to do something that was not correct.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Overall, pretty easy process. Mainly focused on behavioral questions to make sure you are a good fit for the company. Interviewers were nice, easy to talk to. Know some good examples for behavioral questions and you will be fine!

Interview Questions

• Time you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle/resolve?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

My interview process was quick, because I had an offer from another company when I interviewed with GM. I got a call and asked if I was still interested in a position. Then my interview was set up for the end of the week and I met with two people who were apart of the department I was interviewing for. Then the middle of the next week I had the job offer. It was really quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• They asked all situational questions then you had to discuss the outcome of that situation and how it effects your current decisions. For example, explain a time when you made a choice where you didn't have enough information. Then, what was the outcome of not having enough information for your decision and now how do you no approach information based decisions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview took about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked some general questions about my research projects and the software packages that I have used. Also the explained a bit about the projects that they might assign to me.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

One phone call, one in person interview. All behavioral, very friendly. It was two on one and one of the interviewers really took over and the other just sat back, but it was fine. If you are a woman, don’t wear heels, because they usually show you around the plant but apparently can’t if you arent in the correct attire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your non-technical work experience and how that has helped you   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quito (Ecuador)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Quito (Ecuador)) in May 2017.

Interview

You had online test, human resources interview a hard assesment and then you get a final panel interview to see if you fit with your boss and your team work.

Interview Questions

• They make like a shark tank, and on the final panel they ask you about you life, knowledges and every aspect you have on your resume.   Answer Question