General Motors (GM) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors (GM) Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

1,512 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Recorded video interview, Phone screen, 2hr Skype Interview. There was a full month between the phone screen and skype interview, the offer was extended about a week and a half after the skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone using data/logic.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial Hirevue with STAR based behavioral questions followed by a hirevue coding challenge in your language of choice taken remotely followed finally by a phone screen interview which might be the last step.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you were able to get out of?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

It was fairly quick and organized. Might be because I applied early in the process but I received an HireVue link that consisted of 6 behavioral questions and then you played some logic/fun games after.

Interview Questions

• A time that you had a disagreement at the workplace, and it essentially asked you to reply with the STAR method(situation, action and outcome)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Did the coding challenges, hirevue, phone screening and what not. The hirevue started with an imita screening of your. If they like what they see they’ll send you a coding challenge which isn’t terribly difficult. Right now I have a phone screening It doesn’t seems to have been too bad. We shall see, but I am optimistic about it

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Chicago, IL) in June 2020.

Interview

1. Apply online.
    2. Receive HireVue interview that consists of 6 behavioral interview questions and 3 simple games assessing pattern recognition, memory, and mental math.
    3. 5-10 minute phone call with HR and receive an online coding challenge via Codility, consisting of 2 very simple questions.
    4. 2 back to back 1 hour long Skype interviews with employees.

Please note that 20% of pay has been withheld till at least October...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

The initial interview is behavioral, about yourself, and a couple of technical questions. When you are invited back, the interview day is called "Super Day" where you have 4 sessions: 1. 90 min to do a case study, 2. Present it/technical questions, 3. Behavioral interview, 4. About yourself/company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GM?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and given a link for hirevue. Had 2 rounds of 1hr each telephonic discussion. Was informed an offer will be given. No news for 10days, then recruiter contacts and informs about another round of technical discussion. No update after that. Recruiter ignores mails and messages

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Brief interviews and straight to point,
    there were more behavioral than technical due to the less requirements.
    I think the interview process was pretty friendly and had a good experience.
    You should prepare for more of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Game questions   1 Answer
    • Technical questions,
      merge sort question of some sort   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in June 2020.

Interview

I was sent a HireVue interview with two coding questions, one behavioral question, and one technical question.

Afterward, I got scheduled for phone interviews with several folks from the team. These were mostly behavioral questions. Only one of the team's lead asked a technical question regarding some of the technologies to test my familiarity with it.

During the phone interviews, the behavioral questions were "tough" in that there were so many and it's hard to really recall that many past instances that can relate to those questions. Still manage to scavenge some stories to tell, though. Interviewers were friendly and engaging so it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your suggestion didn't work, what happened as a result?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would approach a past problem/project differently.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview was a video interview first they asked questions on previous experience. After that it was a game to test your skills. Then if that went well you will receive an email for a coding interview. Then phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem with during a project? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied online, received a HireView interview invitation. You are given a minute to read the questions (STAR interview questions) and 3 minutes to respond in a video, you also get one chance to re-record each time. You can take your time in between each question. A week later I received another HireView invitation but for the coding challenge this time.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've worked on that you're proud of?   Answer Question