General Motors IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors IT Interview Questions

1.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was for the computer science department of GM. The interview took 2 hours and is broken up into 2 interviewer. Both interviews were behavioral, some were very difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, not too difficult. No technical questions, but I had to explain my technical background in detail. GM overall is a great company increasing their efforts in IT considerably, and interviews are a little simple. The position has adequate training as well.

Interview Questions

• Q) How did you handle conflict?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Got an interview through the career fair.
    Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
    Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Can you please walk us through your resume?   1 Answer
    • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT