General Motors Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. Both phone. Was instructed to answer questions using the STAR method. There were several members of the recruiting committee on the call. Applied through a college posting. They required previous internships, a 3.0 GPA.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a Phone interview, had to reschedule several times. Spoke on the phone with recruiter, asked basic question. Why GM? Tell me a time when... received another phone call several weeks later with a verbal offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to a career fair and set up an interview. I was interviewed by 3 recruiters. Two of which were previous year interns and they all attended my college in the past

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Houghton, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and talked to company at career fair. Got called for interview a few days later and had an on campus interview with one person in star format. Interviewer generally looked down at paper entire time. Star format was basic but slightly more difficult due to it being my first interview in that format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did to fix it   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview starts with some ice breakers like why did you choose this program and what did you like about your previous job. Then they ask you behavioral questions like tell me about a time when you had to learn something quickly. You have to answer using the STAR approach, situation task approach and result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

No technical questions, very straight forward. Interviewers were nice and relaxed, followed a script of questions to ask. Interview lasted around 30 minutes. Felt very comfortable during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you came across a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

After visiting their booth at my school's career fair and applying online, I was given an interview on my school's campus later that week. It lasted about 45 minutes, and I was offered the job around 1 month later, without any follow up contact prior to the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to lead a team.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had difficulty working in a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and casual went through resume, past experiences.
    Why do you want to work for GM
    What do you know about GM
    They give you scenarios and ask you to refer to a past experience where that happened etc...
    Interview lasted about 45min

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2013.

Interview

School Fair, got interviewed the next day, not very difficult interview, it was mostly all behavioral type questions. Didn't hear back until after Thanksgiving with the response that I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest weakness and how are you working to better yourself from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

The HR of Gurgaon office of General Motors approached the college. Job profile and description was shared. CVs were submitted by interested candidates. 7 people were shortlisted on the basis of CV and personal interviews happened after a week of the shortlisted candidates. There were 2 Rounds of interviews. Technical Interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

• The team you are going to work with does not have any youngsters, do you think you can fit in?   1 Answer